Is there a way to download a copy of Plots' documentation?

K leo

Sep 25, 2016, 8:30:44 AM9/25/16
to julia-users
in epub or even in pdf

SundaraRaman R

Sep 25, 2016, 9:10:42 AM9/25/16
to julia-users
I don't know if the following is the best or easiest way, but:

It appears the Plots.jl doc sources (https://github.com/JuliaPlots/PlotDocs.jl) are in MkDocs format, which by itself only allows html output; however, the author of MkDocs has released a Python package (https://github.com/jgrassler/mkdocs-pandoc) which allows you to convert the mkdocs-style sources into pandoc-style sources - which you can then feed to pandoc, to get PDF, EPUB, etc.

Chris Rackauckas

Sep 25, 2016, 1:25:11 PM9/25/16
to julia-users
You have to do what Sundara describes. This is a limitation of Documenter.jl with the mkdocs render. That would be a feature request for Documenter.jl. I think it's planned for the new native renderer, but I couldn't find the issue (and Plots would have to switch to the native renderer. It's not hard, but it's still a little bit of work).

Tom Breloff

Sep 25, 2016, 2:00:35 PM9/25/16
to julia...@googlegroups.com
Also I'll state the obvious. The documentation is not a static reference. If you take a snapshot of it then it'll get outdated.