How do I get the latest version of HypothesisTests.jl ?

Daniel Carrera

Jan 20, 2016, 12:05:21 PM1/20/16
to julia-stats
Hello,

I just installed HypothesisTests.jl but the Anderson-Darling test is not there:

julia> using HypothesisTests

julia> OneSampleADTest
ERROR: UndefVarError: OneSampleADTest not defined

So I went to my install directory and found that I'm missing the "anderson_darling.jl" file. It looks like I have an older version of HypothesisTests. The file was added in Nov 12 and last updated in Nov 19.:

I don't know if I somehow managed to install a wrong version of HypothesisTests or if the AD file has just not been released yet. It's not clear to me how this works, or what I'm supposed to do about it.

Cheers,
Daniel.

Alex Williams

Jan 20, 2016, 12:20:10 PM1/20/16
to julia...@googlegroups.com
julia> Pkg.checkout("HypothesisTests")

Should do the trick. Note that this puts you at the most recent commit on the master branch (rather than the commit tagged as a stable release) so use with some caution.

Afterwards, you can also go to ~/julia/v0.4/HypothesisTests and then use git commands to flip between commits.

Daniel Carrera

Jan 20, 2016, 1:54:56 PM1/20/16
to julia...@googlegroups.com
Hmm... That worked, but it seems to have broken something else:

julia> Pkg.checkout("HypothesisTests")
INFO: Checking out HypothesisTests master...
INFO: Pulling HypothesisTests latest master...
INFO: Cloning cache of CurveFit from git://github.com/pjabardo/CurveFit.jl.git
INFO: Installing CurveFit v0.1.0
INFO: Recompiling stale cache file /home/daniel/.julia/lib/v0.4/HypothesisTests.ji for module HypothesisTests.
WARNING: Method definition call(Polynomials.Poly, Any) in module Polynomials at /home/daniel/.julia/v0.4/Polynomials/src/Polynomials.jl:302 overwritten in module CurveFit at /home/daniel/.julia/v0.4/CurveFit/src/linfit.jl:124

Now every time I start Julia I get that same warning. It looks like Polynomials and CurveFit don't like each other?

Daniel.

j verzani

Jan 20, 2016, 4:42:24 PM1/20/16
to julia-stats
I filed an issue with CurveFit, as the call method is now provided in Polynomials.