RC

David Anthoff

Sep 22, 2015, 2:22:52 PM9/22/15
to juli...@googlegroups.com

Is there a new RC ready for testing? If so, can someone send an email to the users email announcing that? Not much point in having an RC that is not tested by the larger user base :)

Cheers,

David

--

David Anthoff

University of California, Berkeley

http://www.david-anthoff.com

Elliot Saba

Sep 22, 2015, 2:57:54 PM9/22/15
to Julia Dev, Tony Kelman
Hrmmmm.  I attempted to use the julia-news google group, but that apparently didn't work like I wanted it to.  Tony, do you have any idea why my RC2 announcement here didn't get sent anywhere?  Isn't julia-news supposed to forward to either julia-users or julia-dev?
-E

Stefan Karpinski

Sep 22, 2015, 2:59:58 PM9/22/15
to juli...@googlegroups.com, Tony Kelman
I don't think you can setup google groups to forward to other google groups.

to...@kelman.net

Sep 22, 2015, 3:00:11 PM9/22/15
to stati...@gmail.com, juli...@googlegroups.com

I see it on julia-news but it doesn't auto forward. I've been just cc-ing julia-users and julia-news on 0.3 release announcements

David Anthoff

Sep 22, 2015, 3:03:31 PM9/22/15
to juli...@googlegroups.com, stati...@gmail.com

Ah, I didn’t even know about the julia-news group. I now see that it once was mentioned in a PS from Tony in a long thread, but it might be a good idea to also send around an email to julia-users telling people about the existence of julia-news.

Tomas Lycken

Sep 23, 2015, 7:57:35 AM9/23/15
to julia-dev
I tried to search for the julia-news google group to add it to my favorites, but couldn't find it (neither "julia-news", "julialang news" nor "julia news" found it). Eventually I managed to find it by searching for julia-news on google (not groups) and substituting e.g. "julia-stats" in the url of some of the results.

To save everyone else the trouble, here's a direct link: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/julia-news

// T

Michele Zaffalon

Sep 23, 2015, 8:21:53 AM9/23/15
to juli...@googlegroups.com
It's the first entry in the Julia community page: http://julialang.org/community/.

Tomas Lycken

Sep 23, 2015, 8:53:03 AM9/23/15
to julia-dev
Haha, there I get for looking in all the wrong places :)

Michele Zaffalon

Sep 23, 2015, 8:59:13 AM9/23/15
to juli...@googlegroups.com
You are talking to the master of this...