How the hosting of julialang.org (any other servers in this domain) is financed?

peng...@gmail.com

Mar 1, 2015, 5:57:09 AM3/1/15
to juli...@googlegroups.com
I am wondering how the hosting of julialang.org (any other servers in this domain) is financed. Many other program languages have associated package websites. But I don't quite understand who are paying for these services and why. Could anybody help explain how this works? Thanks.

Regards,
Peng

Stefan Karpinski

Mar 1, 2015, 11:14:33 PM3/1/15
to juli...@googlegroups.com
The julialang.org website is hosted by GitHub for free.

Elliot Saba

Mar 2, 2015, 1:20:17 AM3/2/15
to Julia Dev
status.julialang.org is hosted on an MIT server, and pkg.julialang.org is also hosted on GitHub.
-E