Looking for a Ruby to Julia binding GSOC co-mentor

Maurice Diamantini

Feb 19, 2015, 1:38:45 PM2/19/15
to juli...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

The SciRuby community is about to submit its annual GSOC proposal.
One of them is about a fast Ruby to Julia binding, probably done at the
LLVM level.
But we are yet looking for a co-mentor or backup-mentor with some knowledge in
Julia (and perhaps LLVM level).

Page of the SciRuby Google Summer of Code 2015 Ideas:
  (look at "Fast Ruby to Julia bindings through the LLVM")

Discussion about this GSOC is on the google sciruby forum:

Regards,
-- Maurice

Keno Fischer

Feb 19, 2015, 1:50:37 PM2/19/15
to juli...@googlegroups.com
Hi Maurice,

I'd be happy to help out with this (I wrote https://github.com/Keno/Cxx.jl, which does something similar with Clang).
Let me know if you get a student planning to do this and we can discuss more details.

Keno

Maurice Diamantini

Feb 20, 2015, 4:24:16 AM2/20/15
to juli...@googlegroups.com
Thank you very much Keno, I have passed the information at: