Google Summer of Code 2016 - GSoC2016

Raniere Silva

Jan 18, 2016, 2:29:37 PM1/18/16
to juli...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Since Julia is a NumFOCUS sponsored project
and NumFOCUS will apply to be a mentoring organization on GSoC
I want to know (1) if Julia is planning to apply this year
and (2) if want to apply under NumFOCUS umbrella.

Julia is welcome and encouraged to apply as separate mentoring
organizations directly with Google. We're happy to help you fill out your
application and improve your ideas pages, as well as link your page to help
students find you. We may also be able to be a reference for you.
It is totally fine if you want to use the NumFOCUS umbrella org
as a backup plan in case you don't get selected and we do!

Cheers,
Raniere
signature.asc

Viral Shah

Jan 19, 2016, 6:57:27 AM1/19/16
to julia-dev, ra09...@ime.unicamp.br
Hi Raniere,

We would like to apply as a separate mentoring organization, and use the NumFocus as a backup. It would be great if you can help with the application, and I and a few others who did this in the past will be happy to work with you.

Just like last year (http://julialang.org/jsoc), we will be also doing a Julia Summer of Code 2016. This will of course be in addition to GSOC if we get selected.

-viral

Raniere Silva

Jan 25, 2016, 5:07:57 AM1/25/16
to juli...@googlegroups.com
Hi Viral,

sorry for my delay.

> We would like to apply as a separate mentoring organization,
> and use the NumFocus as a backup.

Great.

> It would be great if you can help with the application,
> and I and a few others who did this in the past will be happy to work with you.

Please email me directly with with a list of things that you need
and I will see what I can do.

> Just like last year (http://julialang.org/jsoc), we will be also doing a
> Julia Summer of Code 2016. This will of course be in addition to GSOC if we
> get selected.

Awesome. =)

Raniere
signature.asc