Code coverage submission broken?

Erik Schnetter

Jan 29, 2016, 11:47:39 AM1/29/16
to juli...@googlegroups.com
I noticed that Julia's Travis mechanism to submit code coverage
results to Codecov.io is currently broken for me. See e.g.
<https://github.com/eschnett/SIMD.jl> for a package that is lacking
coverage information, and
<https://travis-ci.org/eschnett/SIMD.jl/jobs/104507616> for a log file
with the error message.

Coverage says <https://github.com/JuliaCI/Coverage.jl/issues/101> this
is due to MbedTLS; MbedTLS said a few days ago
<https://github.com/JuliaWeb/MbedTLS.jl/pull/19> this is "going to get
fixed on nightly".

Should this be fixed by now? Or should I just wait a few more days?

-erik

--
Erik Schnetter <schn...@gmail.com>

Tony Kelman

Jan 29, 2016, 4:18:54 PM1/29/16
to julia-dev
This is due to the recent IO refactoring breaking several web packages. MbedTLS now passes its own tests with the latest nightlies, but Requests fails its tests with an error that looks like it's coming from inside MbedTLS. So MbedTLS' own tests don't cover quite the same type signatures as the way Requests uses MbedTLS. Jon Malmaud said he might have time to look at it, but he probably wouldn't mind help.