Re: [julia-dev] Using this project as a course project for a third year software engineering class

Message has been deleted

Jameson Nash

Jan 25, 2016, 12:45:31 AM1/25/16
to juli...@googlegroups.com
Hi Quinton,

I would suggest starting with the Julia GSOC pages from past years (http://julialang.org/jsoc) and seeing which sorts of projects look interesting to your group. There are projects for a wide variety of interests  (for example, optimization, ux, debugging/introspection, linear algebra, parallelism, threading, and testing, to name a few). From there, we should be able to connect you with someone who has familiarity with that subject to help you refine and develop your project concept.

-Jameson

On Sun, Jan 24, 2016 at 11:31 PM <qpr...@mail.uoguelph.ca> wrote:
Hi Julia Community,

My name is Quinton Pryce, I am a third year computer science student and have taken on the position as Project Lead for my team of seven. We have chosen to develop for Julia over then next four months.

I would love some input on some outstanding issues/features that you as a community think need some attention. I ask you this because I am fairly new to Julia, and many of the community members as I can see are fairly knowledgable about this project.

Ideally I am looking for issues/features that are not currently under development or that are further down on the priority list, as we are taking a course and trying to learn methods of development rather than focusing on rapid solutions to issues.

Any input is greatly appreciated!

Thanks for your time,
Quinton Pryce
University of Guelph

Stefan Karpinski

Jan 25, 2016, 10:29:57 AM1/25/16
to juli...@googlegroups.com
The up for grabs label also has some projects that are somewhat self-contained.