ANN: SciPy 2015 Call for Proposals & Registration Open - tutorial & talk submissions due April 1st

Courtenay Godshall

Mar 23, 2015, 12:08:23 PM3/23/15
to juli...@googlegroups.com

Wanted to share the Call for Proposals and registration info about the 2015 SciPy Conference (below) - more info on the conference website at http://scipy2015.scipy.org.  David Sanders' SciPy 2014 Intro to Julia tutorial has over 10,000 views - hope we will have more participants from the Julia community back for 2015?

Best regards, Courtenay Godshall, SciPy 2015 Communications Co-Chair

----

SciPy 2015 Conference (Scientific Computing with Python) Call for Proposals: Submit Your Tutorial and Talk Ideas by April 1, 2015

SciPy 2015, the fourteenth annual Scientific Computing with Python conference, will be held July 6-12, 2015 in Austin, Texas. SciPy is a community dedicated to the advancement of scientific computing through open source Python software for mathematics, science, and engineering. The annual SciPy Conference brings together over 500 participants from industry, academia, and government to showcase their latest projects, learn from skilled users and developers, and collaborate on code development. The full program will consist of two days of tutorials by followed by three days of presentations, and concludes with two days of developer sprints. More info available on the conference website: http://scipy2015.scipy.org; you can also sign up for mailing list updates or follow @scipyconf on Twitter and Google+.

We encourage you to submit tutorial or talk proposals in the categories below; please also share with others who you’d like to see participate!

We hope you’ll join us - early bird registration is open until May 15, 2015.

SCIPY TUTORIAL SESSION PROPOSALS – DEADLINE EXTENDED TO WED APRIL 1, 2015

The SciPy experience kicks off with two days of tutorials. These sessions provide extremely affordable access to expert training, and consistently receive fantastic feedback from participants. We're looking for submissions on topics from introductory to advanced - we'll have attendees across the gamut looking to learn. Whether you are a major contributor to a scientific Python library or an expert-level user, this is a great opportunity to share your knowledge and stipends are available. Submit Your Tutorial Proposal on the SciPy 2015 website: http://scipy2015.scipy.org

SCIPY TALK AND POSTER SUBMISSIONS – DUE APRIL 1, 2015

SciPy 2015 will include 3 major topic tracks and 7 mini-symposia tracks.  Submit Your Talk Proposal on the SciPy 2015 website: http://scipy2015.scipy.org

Major topic tracks include:

  • Scientific Computing in Python (General track)

  • Python in Data Science

  • Quantitative and Computational Social Sciences

Mini-symposia will include the applications of Python in:

  • Astronomy and astrophysics

  • Computational life and medical sciences

  • Engineering

  • Geographic information systems (GIS)

  • Geophysics

  • Oceanography and meteorology