Best approach on using C library in Julia

Rivo Sarmento

Nov 9, 2015, 3:40:00 AM11/9/15
to julia-dev
Greetings,

I need to use a C library, an implementation of the Scale Invariant Feature Transform (SIFT) algorithm[1], in Julia. I don't think that rewritting the whole code is a efficient effort, so I'm going to use their code.

My question is: is it better to use the executables (available after compiling their code), or is it better to create a C file that links the headers (and use their functions directly).

Reference:

Stefan Karpinski

Nov 9, 2015, 4:27:36 AM11/9/15
to juli...@googlegroups.com
Please ask such questions on julia-users rather than julia-dev. See