Does LLVM_SANITIZE still work?

Jiahao Chen

Feb 2, 2015, 5:32:03 PM2/2/15
to juli...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I tried dusting off a build with LLVM_SANITIZE=1 specified in Make.user, which builds LLVM with AddressSanitizer.

I got many build errors of the form

X86ShuffleDecode.cpp:(.text._ZN4llvm15DecodeVPERMMaskEjRNS_15SmallVectorImplIiEE+0x2c1): undefined reference to `__asan_report_load8'

which persist even after wiping deps/llvm-* and rebuilding, and also with llvm 3.5.1.

Just wondering if anyone has tried recently and can tell me what I'm missing.

Thanks,

Jiahao Chen
Staff Research Scientist
MIT Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory

Keno Fischer

Feb 2, 2015, 5:44:07 PM2/2/15
to juli...@googlegroups.com
It's probably bitrotted a bit. I was planning to do a sanitizer run next week and will fix this then if nobody else gets to it first.