Julia support for Linux distributions that use musl libc

albap...@gmail.com

Jan 29, 2016, 6:41:29 PM1/29/16
to julia-dev
Julia doesn't compile for me on Linux distributions that use musl lic.
After the command 'make' I get -
checking build system type... Invalid configuration `x86_64-alpine-linux-musl': machine `x86_64-alpine-linux' not recognized
Any idea how to fix this is welcome. Thank you very much.

Ciao.

Stefan Karpinski

Jan 29, 2016, 6:44:50 PM1/29/16
to juli...@googlegroups.com
This sort of question is more appropriate for the julia-users list. The juila-dev list is for discussion of the development of the language, not for support queries.

Tony Kelman

Jan 29, 2016, 7:59:47 PM1/29/16
to julia-dev
I tried to build in an alpine linux docker container a while ago and hit trouble due to libunwind using glibc extensions. I think this could warrant a bug report, as I'd like to see if we can make this work at some point.

albap...@gmail.com

Jan 30, 2016, 9:56:48 PM1/30/16
to julia-dev
@Stefan
Sorry, I won't make this mistake next time.

@Tony
I installed libunwind-dev and now I got a different error.
Making install in tests
libtool: link: gcc -m64 -U_FORTIFY_SOURCE -fPIC -fexceptions -Wall -Wsign-compare -o test-coredump-unwind test-coredump-unwind.o  ../src/.libs/libunwind-coredump.a ../src/.libs/libunwind-x86_64.a /home/alba/julia/deps/build/libunwind-1.1/src/.libs/libunwind.a -lgcc -lc
test-coredump-unwind.o: In function `handle_sigsegv':
test-coredump-unwind.c:(.text+0x812): undefined reference to `backtrace_symbols_fd'
Makefile:1157: recipe for target 'test-coredump-unwind' failed
make[3]: *** [test-coredump-unwind] Error 1