Re: [julia-dev] Getting Makefile

Keno Fischer

Mar 20, 2015, 5:24:21 PM3/20/15
to juli...@googlegroups.com
Somehow the relocation and thread model options are not being applied properly (the changes in codegen on the threading branch). To answer your question directly though, try `make VERBOSE=1`.

On Fri, Mar 20, 2015 at 5:21 PM, Arch Robison <arch.d....@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm working on getting the new GC into the threading branch, and at the point where the code compiles but crashes (progress!).  How do I get the build process to show me what command it was running, so I can replay it in a debugger?  Here's the example build:

$ make
fatal: bad revision '^upstream/master'
fatal: Not a valid object name upstream/master
    JULIA usr/lib/julia/sys0.o
LLVM ERROR: Cannot select: 0x21fc4f0: i64 = X86ISD::WrapperRIP 0x21fc3e8 [ORD=6] [ID=72] dbg:boot.jl:270
  0x21fc3e8: i64 = TargetGlobalTLSAddress<%jl_value_t*** @jl_pgcstack> 0 [TF=10] [ORD=6] [ID=43] dbg:boot.jl:270
In function: julia__new_0
make[1]: *** [/localdisk/adrobiso/archrobison-master-threading/julia/usr/lib/julia/sys0.o] Error 1
make: *** [julia-sysimg-release] Error 2

- Arch

Arch Robison

Mar 20, 2015, 5:27:46 PM3/20/15
to juli...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for both answers.  I'll poke around.