Is the segfault handling supressable and/or addressing ReadOnlyMemoryError()

Jeff Waller

Jun 28, 2015, 11:24:33 PM6/28/15
to juli...@googlegroups.com
While attempting to get at the bottom of this JavaCall bug, it appears that the Oracle JVM wants to catch
SIGSEGV itself and Julia is preventing that.

But I think I avoided that by running on the command line rather than the repl Reliably, the error changed to
ReadOnlyMemoryError() -- here's some output in a gist

is this somehow also related to #11681?

Here's the line that causes this

   res = ccall(envFunctionTable.CallObjectMethod,Ptr{Void},(Ptr{JNIEnv},Ptr{Void},Ptr{Void}),penv,localObjectPtr,throwableToStringId)

it's pretty out of context, but should be enough to get an idea.

Avik Sengupta

Jun 29, 2015, 12:00:43 AM6/29/15
to juli...@googlegroups.com
I just found out that recent julia 0.4 versions have a "--handle-signals={yes|no}" command line argument.