Re: [julia-dev] version string comparison seems to be broken today

Tim Holy

Apr 19, 2015, 8:30:22 PM4/19/15
to juli...@googlegroups.com
I think 0.4 is later than any 0.4.0-dev version. 0.4 refers to the release.

For example:
julia> VERSION < v"0.4.0-dev+4000"
false

julia> VERSION < v"0.4.0-dev+5000"
true

--Tim

On Sunday, April 19, 2015 04:45:05 PM Scott Jones wrote:
> The nightly builds seem to be rather broken :-(
>
> I was using version comparisons to get things to work on both 0.3.7 and
> 0.4.0, but that stopped working in the last couple of days...
>
> *julia> **VERSION*
>
> *v"0.4.0-dev+4371"*
>
> *julia> **VERSION < v"0.4"*
>
> *true*
>
> *julia> **VERSION > v"0.4"*
>
> *false*

Scott Jones

Apr 19, 2015, 9:03:05 PM4/19/15
to juli...@googlegroups.com
You caught my post before I realized my newbie error and deleted the post! ;-)
I had missed putting the - in v"0.4-", I'd tried that originally, just cut-and-paste from somewhere in the documentation,
but later forgot the all important -!

Thx, Scott