LoadError: BoundsError: attempt to access ()

Tom Short

Feb 2, 2015, 8:49:46 AM2/2/15
to julia-dev
I've got an odd error with Julia-0.4dev compiled under Travis. Here is the full error:

https://travis-ci.org/tshort/Sims.jl/jobs/49176654#L3543

It works fine locally under both 0.3 and 0.4dev under both windows and Arch Linux. Travis works fine with Julia-release.

Any hints on how to reproduce this locally or track down the error? It's a rather long debug round trip to trigger a Travis run.

Tim Holy

Feb 2, 2015, 9:41:01 AM2/2/15
to juli...@googlegroups.com
One option is to contact Travis support and ask for temporary ssh access.
They're very helpful.

--Tim

Tony Kelman

Feb 2, 2015, 11:39:27 AM2/2/15
to juli...@googlegroups.com
You can also try downloading the same generic Linux binaries that get used on Travis
(assuming you're using language: julia in your .travis.yml), to see if it's a difference
between the binary build and your local source build.

Another option that I find useful when trying to compare behavior on different Linux
distributions would be using Docker containers, you can pull ubuntu:precise and
test things out pretty easily.

-Tony

Tom Short

Feb 2, 2015, 12:50:16 PM2/2/15
to julia-dev
Thanks, Tony. I tried a Docker container with ubuntu:precise, and the tests ran fine.

I've got a request in to Travis to try Tim's suggestion to ask for ssh access.