cross OS testing for packages

Andreas Lobinger

Sep 25, 2015, 9:37:37 AM9/25/15
to julia-dev
Hello colleagues,

i'm working on a (very small) package, that is more or less a library adaptation (i.e. https://github.com/lobingera/Rsvg.jl) which runs successfully on my own computer (x86-64 linux box, Ubuntu 14.04) but gives me already some hard time to configure travis correctly (linux only).

Is there any guideline available how to test for OS where you do not have immediate access?

Wishing a happy day,
      Andreas

Tony Kelman

Sep 25, 2015, 1:55:03 PM9/25/15
to julia-dev
Not really in one central place yet. I gave a lightning talk at JuliaCon about Windows support and testing for packages that may be helpful?

Generally each library is a little different, but I would look at the solver library wrapper packages in JuliaOpt as the current best practices examples of handling installation and binary dependencies across platforms.

If you have more specific questions you might be able to get more direct recommendations.