JuliaGPU, JuliaGeometry, JuliaGL

Simon Danisch

Feb 17, 2015, 12:12:40 PM2/17/15
to juli...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
I've tried to vitalize some of the Julia groups that I'm part of.
The biggest change is, that I've added some gitter batches, to easily start chatting about the main topic in a more relaxed way.
The results of these informal chats should be gathered in the meta repository, which should be part of the group.
Also, the meta repository can be used for gathering resources, sketching out milestones, etc...
Big thanks to everyone, that has been active lately, pushing the state of the groups forward!

If you just want to stay informed and add your two cents to some discussions, please consider joining gitter.
If you're interested in actively contributing, shoot me a line and I can add you to the group.

We had a discussion last year about these groups, where we concluded that only mature projects should get into a julia group.
As this pretty much resulted in the stagnation of the groups, rendering them useless, I decided to add WIP and even empty projects to just get things going.
The state of Julias Geometry and OpenGL efforts are in an early stage of development, so the groups are crucial for organizing the efforts, discuss strategies and guarantee interoperability early on.

Best,
Simon