conditional entries in package REQUIRE file

Deniz Yuret

Mar 23, 2015, 1:22:08 AM3/23/15
to juli...@googlegroups.com
Is there a way to conditionally indicate requirements in the REQUIRE file? Two examples:

1. the DistributedArrays package is a requirement in v0.4 but not in v0.3. As the maintainer of a package which requires this functionality what should my REQUIRE file say?

2. I want my package to use CUDArt/CUBLAS if installed on a gpu machine but not to break installation otherwise. Is there a right way to indicate this in the REQUIRE file?

best,
deniz

best,
deniz

Ivar Nesje

Mar 23, 2015, 1:39:08 AM3/23/15
to juli...@googlegroups.com
I understand that it is frustrating to not get any response, but double posting will often split the discussion and make it less fun for those extremely dedicated people who (try to) read everything.

https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!topic/julia-users/A2mgX0xyd8s

Feel free to comment again on the other thread, to see if someone who didn't feel qualified (or had time) when they saw it first, will give it a second chance.

Deniz Yuret

Mar 23, 2015, 8:04:17 AM3/23/15
to juli...@googlegroups.com
Apologies, will continue on the other thread  (could not make up my mind whether this was a user question or a developer question :)