Documenting new feature

Stephan Classen

May 30, 2013, 4:24:43 PM5/30/13
to Jukito
Hi Christian

Adding the documentation is part of the job. Silly me that I didn't
think of it on my own.
I'm right now just a little confused where the official home of Jukito
is and where the documentation should go.

http://code.google.com/p/jukito/
https://github.com/ArcBees/Jukito
http://jukito.arcbees.com

I will write a first version in plain text, adapting it to a wiki syntax
should be fast afterwards.
I hope to get it done until Monday.

Regards
Stephan

Christian Goudreau

Jun 3, 2013, 6:30:21 PM6/3/13
to Jukito
https://github.com/ArcBees/Jukito/wiki is the right place.

We'll also be doing a lot of changes in the upcoming weeks there. Only focus on the features you added unless you want to give us a hand :D

Normally the wiki is open to everyone, so just let me know if it isn't the case

Stephan

Christian Goudreau

Stephan Classen

Jun 4, 2013, 3:08:18 AM6/4/13
to juk...@googlegroups.com
I added a wiki page about the @All annotation.
I can also do some more pages, just tell me which, so we don't do double work.

I will be on vacation the next week and won't be able to do anything then.

Regards
Stephan

On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 4:24 PM, Stephan Classen <st.cl...@gmx.ch> wrote:
Hi Christian

Adding the documentation is part of the job. Silly me that I didn't think of it on my own.
I'm right now just a little confused where the official home of Jukito is and where the documentation should go.

http://code.google.com/p/jukito/
https://github.com/ArcBees/Jukito
http://jukito.arcbees.com

I will write a first version in plain text, adapting it to a wiki syntax should be fast afterwards.
I hope to get it done until Monday.

Regards

Stephan

Christian Goudreau

Christian Goudreau

Jun 4, 2013, 10:36:25 AM6/4/13
to Jukito
Well if you have time to simply move the quick introduction back as the default wiki page and add the @All that would already be a big step forward. Aside of that, I don't plan anything until next week at least. I'll be continuing where you left off propably when you'll be in vacation

Marius Grama

Jun 7, 2013, 5:41:42 AM6/7/13
to juk...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

except @All annotation and updated versions of mockito dependency are there new features added to jukito in the version 1.2?

I'd be interested about mocking static methods (same as PowerMockito does) for some of my GWTP tests.

Thanks for maintaining the library,
Marius.

Christian Goudreau

Jun 11, 2013, 9:23:53 AM6/11/13
to Jukito
Jukito isn't a mock tool, it rather use Mockito to do it. Could you use powermockito to do it? Or how do you see Jukito do it?

Marius Grama

Jun 11, 2013, 1:56:17 PM6/11/13
to juk...@googlegroups.com
PowerMockito needs its own runner  @RunWith(PowerMockRunner.class)

I've seen that the features of PowerMockito could be used also by @Rule annotation, but when trying to use it https://code.google.com/p/powermock/wiki/PowerMockRule it didn't work for me with Jukito.
I'll try again and post the details about the issues that i am encountering.

Marius Grama

Jun 14, 2013, 7:14:48 AM6/14/13
to juk...@googlegroups.com
The exception I am receiving when trying to work with PowerMockito and Jukito is  shown bellow. Anybody any idea on how to work with powermockito and jukito? I use powermock version 1.5, mockito 1.9.5 and jukito 1.2

com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.ConversionException: javassist.NotFoundException: com.google.web.bindery.event.shared.EventBus$$EnhancerByMockitoWithCGLIB$$92a25246 : javassist.NotFoundException: com.google.web.bindery.event.shared.EventBus$$EnhancerByMockitoWithCGLIB$$92a25246
---- Debugging information ----
message             : javassist.NotFoundException: com.google.web.bindery.event.shared.EventBus$$EnhancerByMockitoWithCGLIB$$92a25246
cause-exception     : java.lang.RuntimeException
cause-message       : javassist.NotFoundException: com.google.web.bindery.event.shared.EventBus$$EnhancerByMockitoWithCGLIB$$92a25246
class               : nts.wincash.webapplication.repairmanager.client.repair.order.logbook.presenter.LogBookPresenter
required-type       : nts.wincash.webapplication.repairmanager.client.repair.order.logbook.presenter.LogBookPresenter
converter-type      : com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.ReflectionConverter
path                : /org.powermock.modules.junit4.rule.PowerMockStatement$1/outer-class/fNext/test/presenter/eventBus
line number         : 22
class[1]            : nts.wincash.webapplication.repairmanager.client.repair.order.logbook.presenter.LogBookPresenterTest
class[2]            : org.jukito.InjectedStatement
class[3]            : org.powermock.modules.junit4.rule.PowerMockStatement
class[4]            : org.powermock.modules.junit4.rule.PowerMockStatement$1
version             : null
-------------------------------
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convert(TreeUnmarshaller.java:79)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.AbstractReferenceUnmarshaller.convert(AbstractReferenceUnmarshaller.java:65)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convertAnother(TreeUnmarshaller.java:66)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter.unmarshallField(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:355)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter.doUnmarshal(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:306)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter.unmarshal(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:234)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convert(TreeUnmarshaller.java:72)
[...]
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convertAnother(TreeUnmarshaller.java:50)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.start(TreeUnmarshaller.java:134)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.AbstractTreeMarshallingStrategy.unmarshal(AbstractTreeMarshallingStrategy.java:32)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.XStream.unmarshal(XStream.java:1052)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.XStream.unmarshal(XStream.java:1036)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.XStream.fromXML(XStream.java:912)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.XStream.fromXML(XStream.java:903)
at org.powermock.classloading.DeepCloner.clone(DeepCloner.java:54)
at org.powermock.classloading.ClassloaderExecutor.execute(ClassloaderExecutor.java:89)
at org.powermock.classloading.ClassloaderExecutor.execute(ClassloaderExecutor.java:78)
at org.powermock.modules.junit4.rule.PowerMockStatement.evaluate(PowerMockRule.java:49)
at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.runLeaf(ParentRunner.java:263)
at org.junit.runners.BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.runChild(BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.java:68)
at org.junit.runners.BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.runChild(BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.java:47)
at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$3.run(ParentRunner.java:231)
at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$1.schedule(ParentRunner.java:60)
at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.runChildren(ParentRunner.java:229)
at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.access$000(ParentRunner.java:50)
at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$2.evaluate(ParentRunner.java:222)
at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.run(ParentRunner.java:300)
at org.jukito.JukitoRunner.run(JukitoRunner.java:166)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit4.runner.JUnit4TestReference.run(JUnit4TestReference.java:50)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.TestExecution.run(TestExecution.java:38)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:467)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:683)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.run(RemoteTestRunner.java:390)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.main(RemoteTestRunner.java:197)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: javassist.NotFoundException: com.google.web.bindery.event.shared.EventBus$$EnhancerByMockitoWithCGLIB$$92a25246
at org.powermock.core.classloader.MockClassLoader.loadUnmockedClass(MockClassLoader.java:199)
at org.powermock.core.classloader.MockClassLoader.loadModifiedClass(MockClassLoader.java:149)
at org.powermock.core.classloader.DeferSupportingClassLoader.loadClass(DeferSupportingClassLoader.java:67)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.util.ClassLoaderReference.loadClass(ClassLoaderReference.java:31)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper.DefaultMapper.realClass(DefaultMapper.java:49)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper.MapperWrapper.realClass(MapperWrapper.java:30)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper.DynamicProxyMapper.realClass(DynamicProxyMapper.java:55)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper.MapperWrapper.realClass(MapperWrapper.java:30)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper.PackageAliasingMapper.realClass(PackageAliasingMapper.java:88)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper.MapperWrapper.realClass(MapperWrapper.java:30)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper.ClassAliasingMapper.realClass(ClassAliasingMapper.java:79)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper.MapperWrapper.realClass(MapperWrapper.java:30)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper.MapperWrapper.realClass(MapperWrapper.java:30)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper.MapperWrapper.realClass(MapperWrapper.java:30)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper.MapperWrapper.realClass(MapperWrapper.java:30)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper.MapperWrapper.realClass(MapperWrapper.java:30)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper.MapperWrapper.realClass(MapperWrapper.java:30)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper.ArrayMapper.realClass(ArrayMapper.java:74)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper.MapperWrapper.realClass(MapperWrapper.java:30)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper.MapperWrapper.realClass(MapperWrapper.java:30)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper.MapperWrapper.realClass(MapperWrapper.java:30)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper.MapperWrapper.realClass(MapperWrapper.java:30)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper.MapperWrapper.realClass(MapperWrapper.java:30)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper.MapperWrapper.realClass(MapperWrapper.java:30)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper.MapperWrapper.realClass(MapperWrapper.java:30)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper.CachingMapper.realClass(CachingMapper.java:45)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter.determineType(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:458)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter.doUnmarshal(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:294)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter.unmarshal(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:234)
at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convert(TreeUnmarshaller.java:72)
... 53 more
Caused by: javassist.NotFoundException: com.google.web.bindery.event.shared.EventBus$$EnhancerByMockitoWithCGLIB$$92a25246
at javassist.ClassPool.get(ClassPool.java:450)
at org.powermock.core.classloader.MockClassLoader.loadUnmockedClass(MockClassLoader.java:192)
... 83 more

Marius Grama

Jun 14, 2013, 7:40:28 AM6/14/13
to juk...@googlegroups.com
I found the solution of my problem: using powermock-module-junit4-rule-agent instead of powermock-module-junit4-rule dependency (for working with the PowerMockRule) didn't issue any problems anymore. The only issue is that now the tests take each around 1 second to complete (when working with PowerMockRule inside the test class).