NetBeans Platform RCP learning

Tushar Joshi

Sep 14, 2010, 1:58:03 AM9/14/10
to JUG Nagpur
Hi All,

NetBeans Platform is a tool for rapid application development in Java.  There is a learning curve involved but once we start the benefits of learning NetBeans Platform are worth learning.

I want a raise of hands for people interested in learning Java applications development in NetBeans Platform.  We will create a focused group of interested people and start activities in that focused group.

with regards
Tushar

Tushar Joshi, Nagpur
MCSD_NET C#, SCJP, RHCE, ZCE, PMP
Software Architect @ Infospectrum India Private Limited, JUGNagpur Leader, NetBeans Dream Team Member

Hrushikesh Zadgaonkar

Sep 14, 2010, 2:02:38 AM9/14/10
to jugn...@googlegroups.com
@Tushar Joshi Sir

Yes Sir, It will a great move in learning NetBeans IDE and developing applications. I have also got some of the experience in working with Netbeans IDE and its great! Learning Netbeans can be a part of the JUG Nagpur Meeting,which will surely help all to learn and understand the same more easily :)

With Regards,

Hrushikesh Shriram Zadgaonkar
4th year CSE, SRKNEC, Nagpur

Chetan Gole

Sep 14, 2010, 4:20:52 AM9/14/10
to jugn...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I am interested in becoming the active part of this group.

Regards,
Chetan Gole
 chetangole.com

Dhawal Saiya

Sep 14, 2010, 10:47:49 AM9/14/10
to jugn...@googlegroups.com
Yes I am interested too...

atul palandurkar

Sep 14, 2010, 10:50:23 AM9/14/10
to jugn...@googlegroups.com
Yes Sir, I am interested.

On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 11:28 AM, Tushar Joshi <tushar...@gmail.com> wrote:

Thank you & warm regards.

Atul S. Palandurkar
+91 - 99 75 72 41 49
atul.pal...@gmail.com

Rahul Raja

Sep 14, 2010, 11:01:53 AM9/14/10
to jugn...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sir!

I am also interested....

Regards,

Rahul Raja

Ayan Sinha

Sep 14, 2010, 1:37:37 PM9/14/10
to jugn...@googlegroups.com
dear sir,
It will be my pleasure to learn Netbeans....waiting for next meet.

thanking you
Ayan

Neeraj Chauriya

Sep 14, 2010, 3:01:12 PM9/14/10
to jugn...@googlegroups.com
yes sir i am also interested in it.
Learning Netbeans IDE can be our agenda for next meet....it will also be beneficial for people who find java tough to learn...

۞ Madhur ۞

Sep 14, 2010, 11:29:54 PM9/14/10
to jugn...@googlegroups.com
Even I'm interested!

On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 12:31 AM, Neeraj Chauriya <neer...@gmail.com> wrote:
yes sir i am also interested in it.
Learning Netbeans IDE can be our agenda for next meet....it will also be beneficial for people who find java tough to learn...

Thank You
Madhur

+91-9970277425

Yahoo: 'c.madhur'
Skype & Gtalk: 'cmadhur'

www.cmadhur.com

Tushar Joshi

Sep 14, 2010, 11:38:59 PM9/14/10
to jugn...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for expressing your interest in "NetBeans Platform", I have sent invitations all who have shown interest to the focused mailing list for NetBeans User Group Nagpur

Harshavardhan Karkar

Sep 14, 2010, 11:43:54 PM9/14/10
to jugn...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tushar,

Please enroll me also.

Thanks and Regards
H.M. Karkar
---------------------------------
Project Manager
Info-Spectrum India Pvt. Ltd

Abhijeet Deshpande

Sep 15, 2010, 3:31:45 AM9/15/10
to jugn...@googlegroups.com
Respected sir,
         I am also interested in learning the NetBeans IDE. Please enroll me.

--
Thanks & Regards
                          Abhijeet

Tushar Joshi

Sep 15, 2010, 4:24:30 AM9/15/10
to jugn...@googlegroups.com
I felt there is a confusion by members in understanding my initial mail.
I am not talking about "NetBeans IDE" the topic being discussed is "NetBeans Platform"

Please refer to the information at http://netbeanside61.blogspot.com/2010/09/netbeans-ide-is-powered-by-netbeans.html to get more information.

I am including some portion of that article here for quick reading:
NetBeans IDE is built upon a software system called as NetBeans Platform. NetBeans Platform is used in software development since year 2000 when it went open source. NetBeans Platform is a framework which enables rapid desktop application development. It is an evolving platform and can do much more than rapid application development.

When we start developing a Java application, to achieve some business requirement; we often encounter a set of similar minimum requirements for a software.

The requirements like:

  • Software shall be modular, which will enable us to turn modules on or off.
  • Software shall be extensible, which will make it easy to add more functionality and extend the existing functionality.
  • Software shall have a consistent User Interface and shall follow industry standards for graphical user interface.
  • Software shall provide multithreaded approach for parallel tasks.
  • Software shall contain configurable settings for many features offered in it
  • Software shall have dockable windows
  • Software shall be cross platform
  • Software shall have cross platform deployment mechanism in such a way that native operating system users are comfortable with it
  • Software shall have a update mechanism, which will enable the user to update the modules online
  • Software shall have module versioning feature which enable developers to create modules for the software which depend on certain version of earlier modules
NetBeans Platform provides solutions for all the requirements mentioned above in a time tested way. It is prudent to use such a platform to develop softwares having more than one of the requirements listed above to save time in architectural features which are necessary for the stability and usability of the software.

Arindam sarkar

Feb 21, 2017, 2:18:07 PM2/21/17
to jugnagpur
I want to develop a retail management software on netbeans rcp. Is it still worthy to learn netbeans rcp? Am i starting late?

Tushar Joshi

Feb 21, 2017, 2:22:30 PM2/21/17
to JUG Nagpur

On Tue, Feb 21, 2017 at 1:18 PM, Arindam sarkar <asark...@gmail.com> wrote:
I want to develop a retail management software on netbeans rcp. Is it still worthy to learn netbeans rcp? Am i starting late?

Yes, it is not late.

Soon, Oracle NetBeans is becoming Apache NetBeans, hence will have even larger presence in open source tools. You can always start learning NetBeans Platform any time.

with regards
    Tushar