Java Plug-in Fatal Error : Several Java Virtual Machines running in the same process caused an error

Kalyani Alshi

Aug 5, 2008, 3:35:15 AM8/5/08
to jugnagpur
Hi,

Our flash web site has a feature to download a Java applet from our
server. Sometimes, we face following issue while downloading and/or
initializing the applet.

Java (™) Plug-in Fatal Error
Several Java Virtual Machines running in the same process caused an
error

Environment:
• OS platform: Microsoft Windows XP
Browser: IE 7

• OS Platform: MacOS
Browser: Mozilla FireFox

Frequency of issue occurrence:
The issue is RARELY reproducible.

Can anybody throw light on the above??
Thanks in advance.

Best,
Kalyani Alshi, Nagpur.

Tushar Joshi

Aug 6, 2008, 1:39:38 PM8/6/08
to jugn...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kalyani,

The problem you are facing seems complicated and domain specific.  I am afraid if anybody working in this area is available with us in the list or not.

I will suggest you also put this question on other targeted forums for Java and Flex.  And if by any chance you got the answer do not forget to tell us back.

with regards
Tushar

Tushar Joshi
Sr. Project Manager
Infospectrum India Private Limited

Kalyani Alshi

Aug 7, 2008, 3:19:30 AM8/7/08
to jugnagpur
Tushar sir,

I thank you for your inputs.

By domain specific, do you mean it is specific to the way it is
written i.e. code specific?

I would like to elaborate on the scenario and my interpretation of
this error here:

The Java applet invokes a desktop application through a vc++ dll. When
a user tries to download this applet multiple time s, somewhere down
the line he faces this error. Please note that, at first instance of
download user never faces this error.

My interpretation of this error message in this context is, when the
applet is unloaded (closed by user), corresponding JVM instance is not
unloading. Thus, after multiple downloads it runs short of memory.

I think I should look into the code for its memory requirements. Any
other interpretations, most welcome.

I have posted this problem at Sun Java Forum:
http://forums.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=5320378&tstart=0

Best,
Kalyani Alshi, Nagpur.