Flash problem

Jos Roseboom

May 17, 2012, 6:26:38 AM5/17/12
to juggernaut...@googlegroups.com

A few days ago I started using juggernaut for push notifications. Without too much trouble, it works fine using websockets and xhr-polling. However, I cannot get pushing with flash up and running. If I approach my site from IE 8 (no websockets), juggernaut keeps telling me:

    debug - xhr-polling received data packet 3:::{"type":"subscribe","channel": ...}

According to https://github.com/maccman/juggernaut , I needed a flash XML policy file to be served from port 843. I followed the steps on http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flashplayer/articles/socket_policy_files.html and it seems up and running:

    $ ./flashpolicyd.pl --file=../flashpolicy.xml --port=843

Listening on port 843

Connection from 127.0.0.1:48091
Valid request received
Sent policy file

The policy file says:

    <?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE cross-domain-policy SYSTEM "/xml/dtds/cross-domain-policy.dtd">

<cross-domain-policy>

<site-control permitted-cross-domain-policies="master-only"/>

<allow-access-from domain="*" to-ports="*" />
</cross-domain-policy>

Now, I copied the file "WebSocketMain.swf" that comes with juggernaut to the "public" folder of my rails application. Now I run juggernaut as superuser, but still xhr polling is used when I visit with IE8. I served a test flash animation to test if flash works properly in IE8, and it does.

From what I saw on some sites, Juggernaut mentions the usage of "WebSocketMain.swf" in its debug logging if all is fine. I do not see such a mention.

I cannot figure out where I go wrong.