Fwd: Typesafe February Newsletter

rajma...@gmail.com

Feb 6, 2015, 9:23:11 PM2/6/15
to jughyderab...@meetup.com, jugch...@googlegroups.com

To view this email as a web page, click here

logo
FEBRUARY NEWSLETTER

I'm Oliver, your friendly, neighborhood newsletter guy
  Really happy about our recent publication: Apache Spark: Preparing for the Next Wave of Reactive Big Data has over 2000 respondents, 24 pages and 13 gorgeous graphs. I think you’ll love it.

Oh, we’ve got $100 off coupon codes for Typesafe fans for our upcoming Scala Days (limited offer). Register with the Code: scaladayslimitedoffer

WEBINAR
Akka for Java Devs: Bridging the Imagination Divide
When: Wed, Feb 11, 2015 - 09:00 AM PST (1hr)
With: Duncan DeVore, Akka Expert and Trainer, Typesafe

Akka, a toolkit and runtime for building highly concurrent, distributed, and fault tolerant systems, has been a game changer for Java devs. Akka decouples business logic from low-level mechanisms such as threads, locks and non-blocking I/O, and liberates devs from the hariest challenges of managing the state and location of services.

In this webinar with Duncan DeVore, Akka Expert and Trainer at Typesafe, we will walk you through:
  • Why do I need to think “distributed” now?
  • What is Akka and what is it used for
  • How can you leverage Akka as a Java developer

Register Now

San Francisco Tickets Available!
Check out the speaker lineup and grab your spot today. Register with the $100 off Coupon Code: scaladayslimitedoffer

Speaker Lineup & Registration

Scala Days Amsterdam
Speaker schedule and ticket sales launching soon!

SURVEY RESULTS: APACHE SPARK
Preparing for the next wave of Reactive Big Data

Over 2000 respondents answered a survey on Apache Spark usage and adoption, emphasizing the industry's increasing demand for features like fast processing of large data sets & event steaming.

Download Now

ATOM
Activator Template of the Month

Akka Persistence Samples with Java

Akka persistence enables stateful actors to persist their internal state so that it can be recovered when an actor is started, restarted after a JVM crash or by a supervisor, or migrated in a cluster. This tutorial shows a few Akka Persistence Samples with Java.

Already have Typesafe Activator? Search for:

akka-sample-persistence-java

Template Details Download Activator

TYPESAFE TOGETHER
Our Customers are hiring

Check out Scala, Akka and Play
dev positions from select Typesafe customers!

View Open Positions

RESOURCES
Recent Webinars, Ebooks and News

WEBINAR: Apache Spark Trends and Adoption WATCH NOW
WEBINAR: Spray & Akka HTTP WATCH NOW
EBOOK: Reactive Web Applications with Play DOWNLOAD NOW
EBOOK: Functional Reactive Programming DOWNLOAD NOW
NEWS: Why Enterprises of different sizes are adopting ‘Fast Data’ with Apache Spark READ NOW
NEWS: BBC - The Need for Resilience READ NOW
NEWS: DZone: Apache Spark Survey Results from Typesafe READ NOW
NEWS: Gigaom: Survey reveals a few interesting numbers about Apache Spark READ NOW
NEWS: ReadWrite: The Big-Data Tool Spark May Be Hotter Than Hadoop, But It Still Has Issues READ NOW
NEWS: ADTMag: Survey Confirms Apache Spark Traction in Big Data Analytics READ NOW

WHITE PAPER
INTRODUCING THE
Typesafe Reactive Platform

Download Now
WHITE PAPER
BIG DATA APPLICATIONS
Getting Started with Spark

Download Now

TRAINING
Upcoming Trainings

Apache Spark:
An Introductory Workshop for Developers
LEARN MORE
Fast Track to Scala LEARN MORE
Advanced Scala LEARN MORE
Fast Track to Akka with Scala LEARN MORE
Advanced Akka with Scala LEARN MORE
Fast Track to Play with Scala LEARN MORE
Fast Track to Play with Java LEARN MORE

Addtional Trainings

Typesafe offers training on Scala, Akka, Play, and the Typesafe Stack for developers, system administrators, and technical managers. General registration training courses are held regularly at locations worldwide.

Typesafe can also deliver private, on-site, customized training for larger teams. Please contact us for more information.

Learn More About Training

EVENTS
Upcoming Conferences

FEB 18TH: Strata 2014 in San Jose LEARN MORE
FEB 26TH: Lambda Days in Krakow LEARN MORE
MAR 4TH: QCon 2015 in London LEARN MORE
MAR 16TH: Scala Days in San Francisco LEARN MORE
MAR 16TH: Software Architecture Conference in Boston LEARN MORE
MAR 18TH: Spark Summit East in New York LEARN MORE
MAR 18TH: Structure Data 2015 in New York LEARN MORE
MAR 24TH: JavaLand 2015 in Brühl LEARN MORE

CONTACT
Want to Speak to a Rep?

Want to learn more about our pricing subscription or just need more information?

Contact Us Today

curved bottom shadow
Typesafe, Inc. 625 Market Street, 10th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94105

--

Thank you and regards,
Rajmahendra (Raj)