Fwd: [nbweekly] NetBeans News, a newsletter for the NetBeans community Issue # 685

rajma...@gmail.com

Apr 21, 2015, 10:03:53 PM4/21/15
to jughyder...@meetup.com, jugch...@googlegroups.com

Issue # 685 - Apr 21, 2015

Project News

Wednesday, 29 April: JavaOne Call for Papers Closes

Would you like to do a presentation at JavaOne 2015 (October 25 - 29 in San Francisco) on your work with NetBeans IDE or the NetBeans Platform? The call for papers ends Wednesday, 29 April. Do you want help or advice on your proposal? Write to netbeans....@gmail.com and the NetBeans team will assist you!

Articles

Using NetBeans as a Text Editor

"For me, this took NetBeans from being a fantastic Java IDE to being the best thing since sliced bread..."

Java EE Context and Dependency Injection in NetBeans IDE

In this article by David R. Heffelfinger, the author of Java EE 7 Development with NetBeans 8, we will introduce Contexts and Dependency Injection (CDI) and other aspects of it. CDI can be used to simplify integrating the different layers of a Java EE application.

Setting up Ninja with NetBeans IDE

Ninja is a full stack web framework for Java, "rock solid, fast, and super productive". Learn about its benefits and how to get started with it in this new article.

CanaryMod NetBeans Project Setup

CanaryMod is a Minecraft Server with a robust API layer allowing for awesome sever-side mods, similar to CraftBukkit (RIP) and Spigot. Let's get started with it in NetBeans IDE!

Community

Tweet of the Week: @dtbell99

I try to keep things emotional off Twitter… but… I LOVE NetBeans! Thank you for the little things like suggestions... they are awesome!

Calendar

17 - 18 April -- NetBeans Day Greece

NetBeans Day Greece was an enjoyable and informative event. Sessions and hands on workshops were held near Athens, to be repeated there soon! Read all about it here, in a blog entry by Mark Stephens from IDR Solutions, who was one of the speakers.

29 May -- NetBeans Day UK

Not many tickets are left for NetBeans Day UK. Join the NetBeans Community at the first NetBeans event to be held in the UK. Speakers will include Ben Evans from the London JUG, Ian Utting from BlueJ, Mark Stepens from IDR Solutions, and Geertjan Wielenga from NetBeans. This is a free event.

22 June -- NetBeans Day Brazil

Right before JavaOne Brazil, NetBeans Day Brazil will take place. Join the NetBeans Community at this free event and learn about the latest NetBeans features while networking with developers from all over the world.

NetBeans Weekly Newsletter is brought to you by the NetBeans Team.

--

Thank you and regards,
Rajmahendra (Raj)