Canceling jobs for dead jug processes?

Carl Doersch

Apr 3, 2015, 2:52:44 AM4/3/15
to jug-...@googlegroups.com
Greetings,

I'm running several Jug processes, and unfortunately some of them died when SGE removed them from the cluster.  Unfortunately, this has left Jug in a wedged state--some of the jobs that were running on the killed processes are stuck in the 'Running' state even though they aren't, and hence the execution of the other jobs is stuck waiting on the hung jobs.  Is there a way to tell Jug to clean them up?

Luis Pedro Coelho

Apr 3, 2015, 9:19:20 AM4/3/15
to jug-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Carl,

You can use `jug cleanup` for this. In particular, `jug cleanup
--locks-only` removes the locks.

Alternatively, if you're using the filesystem backend, `rm -rf
jugfile.jugdata/locks` achieves the same result.

HTH,

--
Luis Pedro Coelho | EMBL | http://luispedro.org
My blog: http://metarabbit.wordpress.com