Can't get the to fly,

Niels

Aug 4, 2014, 2:33:36 PM8/4/14
to jtaf-ext...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
perhaps someone can help me:

After everything works smooth with Arquillian, I tried today ExtWebdriver. Here my problems.

Firefox: Cant connect.
org.openqa.selenium.WebDriverException: Failed to connect to binary FirefoxBinary(C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe) on port 7055; process output follows:
*** LOG addons.manager: Application has been upgraded
*** LOG addons.xpi: startup
*** LOG addons.xpi: Skipping unavailable install location app-system-local
*** LOG addons.xpi: Skipping unavailable install location app-system-share
*** LOG addons.xpi: Ignoring file entry whose name is not a valid add-on ID: C:\Users\niels\AppData\Local\Temp\anonymous2275065628681161067webdriver-profile\extensions\webdriver-staging
*** LOG addons.xpi: checkForChanges
*** LOG addons.xpi-utils: Opening database
*** LOG addons.xpi-utils: Creating database schema
*** LOG addons.xpi: New add-on fxdr...@googlecode.com installed in app-profile
*** LOG addons.xpi: New add-on {972ce4c6-7e08-4474-a285-3208198ce6fd} installed in app-global
*** LOG addons.xpi: New add-on {D19CA586-DD6C-4a0a-96F8-14644F340D60} installed in winreg-app-global
*** LOG addons.xpi: New add-on fiddl...@fiddler2.com installed in winreg-app-global
*** LOG addons.xpi: Updating database with changes to installed add-ons
*** LOG addons.xpi-utils: Updating add-on states
*** LOG addons.xpi-utils: Writing add-ons list
*** LOG addons.manager: shutdown
*** LOG addons.xpi: shutdown
*** LOG addons.xpi-utils: shutdown
*** LOG addons.xpi-utils: Database closed
*** LOG addons.xpi: startup
*** LOG addons.xpi: Skipping unavailable install location app-system-local
*** LOG addons.xpi: Skipping unavailable install location app-system-share
*** LOG addons.xpi: Ignoring file entry whose name is not a valid add-on ID: C:\Users\niels\AppData\Local\Temp\anonymous2275065628681161067webdriver-profile\extensions\webdriver-staging
*** LOG addons.xpi: checkForChanges
*** LOG addons.xpi: No changes found
*** LOG addons.manager: shutdown
*** LOG addons.xpi: shutdown

Build info: version: '2.25.0', revision: '17482', time: '2012-07-18 22:18:01'
System info: os.name: 'Windows 7', os.arch: 'x86', os.version: '6.1', java.version: '1.7.0_45'
Driver info: driver.version: FirefoxDriver
at org.openqa.selenium.firefox.internal.NewProfileExtensionConnection.start(NewProfileExtensionConnection.java:121)

What's wrong?

With the HTMLUnitDriver I have a performance issue. The test needs 9x more time then using selenium directly. Furthermore I found exceptions in the log.

Any hint's would be appreciate, because the current situation isn't acceptable.

Niels

Michael Chao

Aug 4, 2014, 2:41:21 PM8/4/14
to jtaf-ext...@googlegroups.com
At first glance, it seems like you are referencing a selenium version with firefox of an older version (Build info: version: '2.25.0', revision: '17482', time: '2012-07-18 22:18:01') whereas your installed firefox may not be supported by 2.25

If you change that to whichever the latest one is - don't know off the top of my head (2.41?)- then it should connect with no issues.

Niels

Aug 4, 2014, 3:12:23 PM8/4/14
to jtaf-ext...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the quick answer.

Yes you are right. I updated the selenium version and now Firefox runs well.

How ever there is still a performance issue.
FF 6 seconds vs 12 seconds
HtmlUnit 1s vs 15 seconds (slower than ff!)

And in this time is the time to start the server. If I only look at the testtime it's become more worst.

Niels

Niels

Aug 4, 2014, 3:17:18 PM8/4/14
to jtaf-ext...@googlegroups.com
If I remove the in org.finra.jtaf.ewd.widget.element.Element.findElement(boolean) the find via xpath it becomes a littlebit better.

Niels

Daniel Koo

Aug 4, 2014, 3:30:41 PM8/4/14
to jtaf-ext...@googlegroups.com
Are you using ID as your locator? Or combination of locator types?

Stephen Mele

Aug 4, 2014, 3:32:19 PM8/4/14
to jtaf-ext...@googlegroups.com
In my experience working with Firefox Driver i've always found it to be the slowest of the three (IE/Chrome/FF) to get a session created. My guess is that it's because webdriver spins up a new profile every time it runs Firefox. Have you tried running the tests on IE or Chrome?

Niels

Aug 5, 2014, 1:10:15 AM8/5/14
to jtaf-ext...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

3 elements are located by id and 1 by classname.

Niels

Niels

Aug 5, 2014, 1:18:45 AM8/5/14
to jtaf-ext...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

no I concentrated on the Driver which are easy to start. The surprising experience is, that even with HTMLUnit it need 4 s before I get a session.
For me it looks like 2 issues: First creation of the driver. Second location of objects.

Niels

Niels

Aug 5, 2014, 1:40:36 AM8/5/14
to jtaf-ext...@googlegroups.com
Found that in org.finra.jtaf.ewd.session.SessionManager.getNewSessionDo(Map<String, String>, boolean) there is always a wait of 3 seconds, so this explains the bad init-time compared with the native driver.

Niels

Niels

Aug 5, 2014, 4:32:25 AM8/5/14
to jtaf-ext...@googlegroups.com
I start measured the tradeoff of Arquillian, there it's Selenium directly  is 3x faster than Arqullian. However at the moment Extwebdriver is 100x slower if I ignore the setup-time. :-(

Niels

Niels

Aug 5, 2014, 5:23:35 AM8/5/14
to jtaf-ext...@googlegroups.com
If I remove from findElement all finders I don't need, I'm 4x faster. Still slow, but this is definitely a performance issue.
Niels

Daniel Koo

Aug 5, 2014, 9:10:36 PM8/5/14
to jtaf-ext...@googlegroups.com

Daniel Koo

Aug 5, 2014, 9:18:25 PM8/5/14
to jtaf-ext...@googlegroups.com
There was an existing Selenium issue but it appears this has been fixed.  My repo has this code removed so please try out with my latest code (please refer to this post).

Thanks.