[Slightly Off-Topic] Ehcache 3.0 API Design Effort

42 visningar

Chris Dennis

oläst,
26 feb. 2014 16:00:062014-02-26
till jsr...@googlegroups.com
Now that the JSR-107 API is near completion, a number of developers at
Terracotta (aka Ehcache) are about to kick off work on a native JSR-107
implementation. Obviously Ehcache has a feature set far larger than the
scope of JSR-107 (something true of likely all cache implementations).
What’s more the current Ehcache API is nearly 10 years old, and therefore
has both a decade of accumulated cruft, and was also written against Java
1.4 (putting it far from the cutting edge). To that end the first thing
that the Terracotta team will be doing is defining a completely new
Ehcache API that is pseudo-compatible with JSR-107. We’d like to do this
in as open a manner as possible so that we can get as much input from the
community as possible.

Since we anticipate that there is significant overlap between the JSR-107
community and the Ehcache community we figured advertising our efforts
here would be a legitimate and appreciated step in producing the best API
possible.

More information can be found in Alex Snaps' blog post here:
http://codespot.net/2014/02/26/starting-ehcache-3/
Discussion will happen here:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/ehcache-dev
Code will appear here: https://github.com/ehcache

Looking forward to everyone’s contributions,

Chris Dennis

Software AG JSR-107 Expert Group Member
Terracotta/Ehcache Engineer

Svara alla