JSR-107/JCache London Meeting: 31st March 2014?

Brian Oliver

Mar 25, 2014, 10:23:50 AM3/25/14
to jsr...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I'm going to be in London the week of the 31st of March 2014, and have booked a room at the Oracle Offices in the City to talk about JSR-107 and JCache.

I've not set an official agenda, but thought it might be good for anyone interested in JSR-107/JCache to get together.

I plan on doing an overview of JCache and open the floor to questions.   This talk is purely about JCache, not particular implementations - though I can talk about those if requested.

Please let me know if you're interested in attending so I can arrange security and other provisions.

Regards

-- Brian (JSR-107 co-spec lead)

Jens Wilke

Mar 26, 2014, 6:10:51 AM3/26/14
to jsr...@googlegroups.com, Brian Oliver
Hi Brian,

thanks for the opportunity. I am attending!

If there is interest I can also talk some minutes about the cache2k project.

See:
http://cache2k.org

Best,

Jens

--
"Everything superfluous is wrong!"

// Jens Wilke - headissue GmbH - Germany
\// http://www.headissue.com

Erkin Kanlioglu

Mar 26, 2014, 6:14:24 AM3/26/14
to jsr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Brian

I would like to be there. Could you share details for the location and possible time?

Thanks
Erkin

Sent from my iPhone

Brian Oliver

Mar 28, 2014, 11:05:47 AM3/28/14
to jsr...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

Here are the details for the meetup.

Oracle Office - Level 6
1 South Place, London, United Kingdom, EC2 M2RB
Closest Tubes:
Moorgate Station
Liverpool Street Station
(< 5 mins walk)

Time: 4pm to 5pm.

Please let me know if you intend on coming as we'll need to confirm information with building security.

-- Brian

Chris Dennis

Apr 15, 2014, 10:54:44 AM4/15/14
to jsr...@googlegroups.com, brian....@oracle.com
Hi Brian,

Did anything come out of this meetup/meeting regarding plans for a maintenance release to fix the bugs that were left open when the spec went to a final vote?  I know a bunch of us are disappointed that these issues couldn’t be closed out before the final vote.  (I’m also personally disappointed that we didn’t get the equivalent of “minor corrections” back from the EC).  So have you discussed anything with Greg about doing a maintenance release at all?  Also, there’s been a lot of radio silence on the list.  I kind of expected the spec leads to take a more active role in helping implementors and users adopt the JSR (not much point in having the JSR if it’s not being used).  Have you heard from Greg at all since he went to Hazelcast – do you know what’s going on?

Chris

Chris Dennis

Apr 21, 2014, 12:15:05 PM4/21/14
to jsr...@googlegroups.com, brian....@oracle.com, gr...@hazelcast.com
Are both the spec leads AWOL then?  Where do we stand right now on a maintenance release to fix the identified issues in the spec API and doc?

Anyone?

Bueller?

On 3/28/14, 11:05 AM, "Brian Oliver" <brian....@oracle.com> wrote:

Jens Wilke

Apr 21, 2014, 2:12:06 PM4/21/14
to jsr...@googlegroups.com, Chris Dennis, brian....@oracle.com, gr...@hazelcast.com
On Monday 21 April 2014 12:15:05 Chris Dennis wrote:
> Are both the spec leads AWOL then? Where do we stand right now on a
> maintenance release to fix the identified issues in the spec API and doc?
>
> Anyone?
>
> Bueller?

Hi Chris,

the spec was just released. The spec leads work is done for the moment.

More issues will come up, every now and then, when the adoption goes on. I don't see that there
is an apparent need to have an "official" resolution for anything right when its popping up.

> Where do we stand right now on a maintenance release to fix the
> identified issues in the spec API and doc?

What are the identified issues you are referring to? There are five things on the issue tracker:
https://github.com/jsr107/jsr107spec/issues

Did I miss something? If you have identified more things, please share them.

Cheers,