JCache Microprofile Discussion Paper

Greg Luck

Oct 9, 2016, 4:23:38 PM10/9/16
to jsr...@googlegroups.com
Guys

I have created a Microprofile Specification Discussion Paper and sample application to show how JCache could be applied to Microservices.

This is draft so don’t be too critical. Just wanting to get the ball moving.

Let me know if you want edit rights to the paper or the code.

Regards

Greg Luck

skype: gregrluck
mobile US: +1 650 924 6244
mobile Australia: +61 408 061 622

Enrico Olivelli

Nov 11, 2016, 7:27:04 AM11/11/16
to jsr107
Thank you Greg and Ondrey for this step toward a broader usage of jcache.

This paper is very interesting and the adoption of such proposals will help the integration on JavaEE world.
Is there any plan to actively discuss and review this proposals?
Maybe most of the proposals can be included in jsr107 with MR or do we need a new JSR?

Werner Keil

Feb 14, 2017, 8:42:51 AM2/14/17
to jsr107
Eclipse will not accept JSR107 Final (aka 1.0.0) for MicroProfile or any other project.

Been there for almost 2 years with JSR 363 and 354 is in a similar situation. Actually JSR 363 Final is good, but Eclipse IP team still works on the CQs since last September or so.

Unless the MR 1 is not filed with Apache (plus the other 2 licenses where applicable) in the API and every file header, it's not even worth considering a CQ.

As soon as this is done, you might file it for a future version of MicroProfile.

HTH,
Werner