JCache 1.1 getting close - I need your help to get it finished

Greg Luck

Nov 20, 2016, 8:51:17 PM11/20/16
to jsr...@googlegroups.com
Guys

I need your help to get 1.1 finished. I have been focused on the spec which is where lots of thinking and discussion are needed.

But the RI and TCK are much easier. I could really use a hand on those. Please do a pull request to help me out.

Current Status:
https://github.com/jsr107/jsr107spec/issues - 3 issues not marked for 2.0

Regards
Greg Luck

Werner Keil

Nov 29, 2016, 11:23:47 AM11/29/16
to jsr107
Will have a look.

Do those who contribute useful PRs also get mentioned as contributors? (as we showed on the JSR 363 detail page, it's not just for Associates;-)

Greg Luck

Nov 29, 2016, 8:35:12 PM11/29/16
to jsr...@googlegroups.com
We only have one so far Jens, who has done a huge job. https://jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=107

This late in the game we probably wouldn’t add others. We have had many people like the Terracotta guys who don’t get mentioned at all.

Regards

Greg Luck

skype: gregrluck
mobile US: +1 650 924 6244
mobile Australia: +61 408 061 622

On 29 Nov. 2016, at 8:23 am, Werner Keil <werne...@gmail.com> wrote:

Will have a look.

Do those who contribute useful PRs also get mentioned as contributors? (as we showed on the JSR 363 detail page, it's not just for Associates;-)

Werner Keil

Dec 7, 2016, 1:03:38 PM12/7/16
to jsr107
That's OK, it's not like I needed a lot more EG memberships or contributions under my belt ;-)

Regards,
Werner

Werner Keil

Mar 22, 2017, 8:38:08 AM3/22/17
to jsr107
It is not yet on the agenda of the EC?

Since there could be at least one other JSR in a similar situation, who made the decision about changing the API license?
Every (ex) EG Member or just the Maintenance Leads? (formerly known as Spec Leads)

JSR 363 decided that before going Final so it was different.
https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!topic/units-dev/-p_gBugCKug shows that as a result, 3 weeks ago both the Java SE implementation (the RI contains backports of OpenJDK that Eclipse IP feels are incompatible with its licenses despite "Classpath Exception") and before it API were approved for usage in Eclipse.

Thanks,
Werner