Python API

James

Mar 4, 2014, 11:02:59 AM3/4/14
to jso...@googlegroups.com
Has anyone seen a good Python module for JSONiq?  Zorba seems like overkill for what I want to do.

Matthias Brantner

Mar 4, 2014, 8:37:05 PM3/4/14
to jso...@googlegroups.com
James

I’m sending this privately because it’s a link to a commercial service.

You could use 28.io which is essentially Zorba in the cloud. Amongst
other things, it allows you to connect from JSONiq to a variety of data
sources (e.g. MongoDB).

Queries running on 28.io are exposed using a REST API (http://www.28.io/documentation/latest/api/queries).
That is, you can easily execute each query by making an HTTP call. There
is no Python module for this API yet but it would be fairly easy to create
one. The API is specified using Swagger (http://www.28.io/documentation/3.0-Eagle/api/queries.json).
This specification can be used to automatically generate a language
binding. It has already been do this for C# (https://github.com/28msec/28.io-csharp)

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Best regards

Matthias

On Mar 4, 2014, at 8:02 AM, James <james...@gmail.com> wrote:

Has anyone seen a good Python module for JSONiq?  Zorba seems like overkill for what I want to do.

James Ayvaz

Mar 4, 2014, 8:51:04 PM3/4/14
to jso...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for reaching out.  However I'm really just looking for a simple non-cloud based JSONiq expression evaluator.  I want to add a query language into my app, and I'd rather use something standard than write my own is all.

Thanks again for the advice.

her...@stamm-wilbrandt.de

Mar 26, 2014, 3:52:21 PM3/26/14
to jso...@googlegroups.com
"Implementations" tab shows 4 implementors currently:
http://www.jsoniq.org/

Hermann Stamm-Wilbrandt.