how to extract the JSON schema specific to a property from complete json schema object

sadish

Jul 8, 2016, 10:14:45 AM7/8/16
to JSON Schema

I need a help regarding schema extraction by property name.

For example i have a JSON schema:

{
    "$schema": "http://json-schema.org/draft-04/schema#",
    "description": "A simple address format",
    "type": "object",
    "properties": {
        "street-name": { "type": "string" },
        "locality":{ "type": "string" },
        "region": { "type": "string" },
        "postal-code": { "type": "int" },
        "country-name": { "type": "string"}
    },
    "required": ["locality", "region", "country-name"]
}

I have an use case, where i need to extract the schema corresponding to each property and send to another service, where it will do validation against the value and save in database. Here is the sample object i need to send to another service.

{
  "propertyName": "street-name",
  "value": "19, Canton street",
  "schema": { "type": "string" }
}

The questions is,

how we extract the schema for a particular property from a give JSON schema??

Given the property path, Is there any nodejs module exists to do this schema extraction? or if there is any other solutions exists ?

Because this is very simple scenario, but if we have array, anyOf, OneOf type its getting complicated.

Thanks in advance ! Please let me know if the question is not clear !

sadish