v6 road map: hyper-schema

Henry Andrews

Nov 22, 2016, 8:11:25 PM11/22/16
to JSON Schema
Hi folks,
  This is the most difficult one, as the fewest people are really familiar with it and the current draft has caused some confusion (to be fair, the previous draft was also confusing).

  In order to get a v6 out quickly, I think that the only thing we absolutely *must* fix is the confusion around "method" and the closely related inability to submit user data through both the URI and the request body.  I have a rather complex proposal to fully address this, but it relies on relative JSON pointer which is unlikely to achieve consensus soon.

  In an IRC session, Austin suggested a less-controversial subset to address the core problems.  I have taken a quick first pass at this in the following PR:

I expect some discussion :-) but believe that this is where we should focus our efforts in order to get a usable v6 out the door.

  While there is much additional work to do for hyper-schema, I think this would be sufficient for the next draft.  I have already fixed the bugs with the examples.

thanks,
-henry