Complete random JSON instance generator from JSON Schema

sascha.van...@gmail.com

Aug 5, 2015, 9:20:30 AM8/5/15
to JSON Schema
Dear all,

I am looking for a generator of random JSON instances from a JSON schema. Some exist, but they are quite minimalistic (e.g. arrays are always empty). I would like the tool to be complete, ie, it generates recursively (no empty arrays, objects, ...) and it takes the constraints into account or at least as much as possible.

Does such a tool exist ?

Thanks.

Sascha

Eric G

Aug 5, 2015, 9:51:29 AM8/5/15
to JSON Schema, sascha.van...@gmail.com
I would be very interested in such a generator too.

I just came across this:  https://github.com/npryce/snodge  , mutates JSON documents according to rule functions, doesn't use JSON schema but possibly rules could be compiled from JSON schemas?  You might want to approach the author about it.

Jason Desrosiers

Aug 6, 2015, 3:18:48 AM8/6/15
to JSON Schema, sascha.van...@gmail.com
http://schematic-ipsum.herokuapp.com/

This looks like it might serve your needs.  I don't know how complete it is.

Kalin Maldjanski

Aug 7, 2015, 9:40:06 AM8/7/15
to JSON Schema, sascha.van...@gmail.com

Sundeep Kumar Gorantla

Sep 23, 2017, 11:29:50 PM9/23/17
to JSON Schema
Hi Kalin

The link you shared for sample usage is not responding. It was showing 404 not found when i tried to open.

Can u please share me details of how to use the library.

Thanks
Sundeep

xmlbuddy

Oct 18, 2017, 8:42:24 AM10/18/17
to JSON Schema
I know, this is not yet available but this functionality is currently implemented and will be part of JSONBuddy 4.3 in a couple of weeks.

Kind regards
Clemens