All major Hyper-Schema PRs published!

Henry H. Andrews

Sep 3, 2017, 1:34:51 AM9/3/17
to JSON Schema
Hi folks,
  @dlax and I have put up PRs for all of the major Hyper-Schema proposals that I intend to get into draft-07, per my "Scope of the next draft" email from a few days ago.  Guidance on using the "collection" and "item" link relation types still needs to be added because they require "anchorPointer" or a similar feature.  So I will write that up and submit it once we have come to a decision on "anchorPointer".

  Here are all open PRs, including the Hyper-Schema ones from me, and the ones from @dlax moving "readOnly" and "media" to the annotation/meta-data keywords section.
https://github.com/json-schema-org/json-schema-spec/pulls

  PRs adding "anchor" and "description" to the LDO have already been merged, although further comments are welcome.

   After these are resolved, the only remaining Hyper-Schema changes will be around improving the organization and wording of the spec.  The primary issue tracking that work is https://github.com/json-schema-org/json-schema-spec/issues/377 which includes a new proposed outline, which assumes all of the open PRs are accepted (which is not a foregone conclusion).  Please do comment there about how to make the spec clear, accessible, and thoroughly grounded in the correct existing standards.

thanks,
-henry

PS - the vote-a-rama for proposals around re-use and working with "additionalProperties": false is still open, and unrelated to the Hyper-Schema process described above.