JSON Schema for YAML and other languages

Adam Voss

Jun 21, 2017, 10:01:17 PM6/21/17
to JSON Schema
The application of JSON Schema to many of the JSON-like languages (CSON, JSON5, ...) may be obvious; however, I feel that JSON schema's utility for YAML is undersold.
Perhaps nothing will come of it, but I have created a website for tracking JSON Schema's use against other languages similar to how json-schema.org tracks implementations against JSON.  Since it is encouraging the adoption of JSON Schema, I thought there might be interest here.

Right now the only interesting page is probably YAML. While I am the author of the linked implementation there, I was not the first, my extension superseded this one which has more than 10k downloads.

Henry Andrews

Aug 18, 2017, 4:20:17 PM8/18/17
to JSON Schema
As far as putting things like this on the web site under Software, that makes sense to me.  Some of those tools do work with YAML, or are data format-independent as they only worked with parsed data.

thanks,
-henry