Re-use/extension/addlProps Vote-a-Rama!

Henry H. Andrews

Aug 20, 2017, 7:54:08 PM8/20/17
to JSON Schema
Hi folks,

It's time to gauge community support for all re-use/extension/additionalProperties proposals and actually make some decisions for the next draft:

https://github.com/json-schema-org/json-schema-spec/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A%22re-use+%2F+addlProps%22

I just added comments to each issue that start with VOTE-A-RAMA which contain instructions on how to indicate your support.

If you have an implementation or are part of a community using JSON Schema, please forward this to your community members so that we can get as much input as possible.  This is one of the stickiest, most controversial topics in the history of JSON Schema.  I am hoping to at least eliminate a few options that have particularly weak support, so that we can focus on proposals that are the most likely to be viable.

This is **_not_** a binding majority-rule vote, but it will be a very significant input into discussions.

I expect we'll keep the vote open for at least a couple of weeks, depending on the level of response (plus, half the Bay Area is at Burning Man next week anyway :-)

thanks,
-henry

Henry H. Andrews

Aug 23, 2017, 5:28:59 PM8/23/17
to JSON Schema
By request, I have added a bug for voting for not doing anything at all about additionalProperties' behavior:

thanks,
-henry

Henry H. Andrews

Aug 27, 2017, 3:13:43 AM8/27/17
to JSON Schema
...and another proposal added for your voting consideration: removing "additionalProperties" entirely
https://github.com/json-schema-org/json-schema-spec/issues/373

Henry H. Andrews

Aug 27, 2017, 3:36:09 AM8/27/17
to JSON Schema