File extension for JSON schema documents

xmlbuddy

Nov 6, 2012, 10:53:48 AM11/6/12
to json-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I tried already a Google search but wasn't able to find any hints on what file extension is actually used for JSON schema files. May I ask you what extension do you use/prefer if you are saving your schemas? Or do you use .json? Hopefully this is not too off-topic for this group...

Kind regards
Clemens

Francis Galiegue

Nov 6, 2012, 11:02:48 AM11/6/12
to json-...@googlegroups.com
It is .json by convention, but nothing else prevents you from naming
your schemas anything you want. What is important is the MIME type,
which is set to application/schema+json (therefore a subtype of
application/json).

--
Francis Galiegue, fgal...@gmail.com
"It seems obvious [...] that at least some 'business intelligence'

xmlbuddy

Nov 6, 2012, 1:45:42 PM11/6/12
to json-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot for your answer. I just wanted to be sure that there is no "standard" file extension around. So there is no extension I can assume/suggest on opening/editing/referencing a JSON schema in my editor.

zoey...@gmail.com

Jun 4, 2016, 4:22:16 PM6/4/16
to JSON Schema

Peter