Problem Doing Bind to a the SMSC SMPP server

OrionPax

Aug 5, 2011, 3:36:09 PM8/5/11
to jsmpp
Hi.
i have a problem when i try to Bind the server SMPP of the SMSC.

java.io.IOException: Failed sending bind since some string parameter
area invalid : C-Octet String value 'password' cannot more than 9.
Actual length of string is 9
at
org.jsmpp.session.SMPPSession.connectAndBind(SMPPSession.java:241)
at
org.jsmpp.session.SMPPSession.connectAndBind(SMPPSession.java:200)
at
org.smslib.smpp.jsmpp.JSMPPGateway.startGateway(JSMPPGateway.java:144)
at org.smslib.Service$1Starter.run(Service.java:275)

and i can to Bind the server. I check the method invocation and its is
as the examples that are in the web, and i try the same programm
against a SMPP server simulator and it works but when i try to bind
the SMSC server the only i can see is this error.

So please can anyone help me?. Thanks in advance

PS. sorry for the grammar English is not my mother tongue

Alok

Aug 6, 2011, 1:41:11 AM8/6/11
to jsmpp
Hi,
Yes 9 chars is the limit for password field of SMPP v3.4, but some
vendors do only allow 8 chars. In fact the server that we use allows
not
more than 8 chars, since you are using a string
that is 9 chars long that could be a problem.

Regards,
Alok.

Manoj

Aug 9, 2011, 5:40:04 AM8/9/11
to jsmpp
HI,

According to SMPP V3.4 protocol SMPP password length limit is 8
characters only.
So you are not allowed to pass more than that.

Regards
Manoj Prabhakar

alok vaidya

Aug 12, 2011, 6:51:46 AM8/12/11
to js...@googlegroups.com
Hi manoj,
I am afraid but thats not true, password limit is 9 characters.
SMPP v3.4 Section 4.1.1 "Bind_Transmitter" Syntax states that password can be max 9 (c-octet string)

Regards,
Alok.

Jaco van Tonder

Aug 12, 2011, 7:44:42 AM8/12/11
to js...@googlegroups.com
Alok,

C-octet strings are terminated with a NUL character (0x00) meaning
that the max length for the password is 8 characters.

Regards,
---Jaco

alok vaidya

Aug 12, 2011, 8:34:15 AM8/12/11
to js...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jaco,
Sorry my bad. But we are being able to bind to certain SMSCs with 9
character password.