[jruby-user] Odd issue w/ JRuby 9k + Travis CI

Jesse Proudman

Mar 2, 2015, 2:33:28 PM3/2/15
to us...@jruby.codehaus.org
Hello,

We're trying to get our project to build on Travis CI using JRuby 9k. We have the project successfully building using JRuby1.7.19 on Travis, and successfully operating locally using JRuby 9k, but on Travis CI, we get the following output:

https://gist.github.com/blueboxjesse/8f270ab2c380c709b784

Google-fu has left me with limited results.

Does any one have thoughts on how to solve this?

Jesse Proudman
Founder and CTO
Blue Box Group, Inc.

Brendan Grainger

Mar 2, 2015, 2:49:45 PM3/2/15
to us...@jruby.codehaus.org
With the major caveat that I haven't used jruby 9k yet. Do you have jruby-openssl installed?

gem install jruby-openssl

--
Brendan Grainger
www.kuripai.com

Jesse Proudman

Mar 2, 2015, 3:01:37 PM3/2/15
to us...@jruby.codehaus.org
Added this to our Gemfile and unfortunately still getting the same result:

gem 'jruby-openssl', platforms: :jruby

Jesse Proudman
Founder and CTO
Blue Box Group, Inc.

christian

Mar 3, 2015, 2:44:36 AM3/3/15
to us...@jruby.codehaus.org
it looks like that the constant ```OpenSSL``` isunknown and looked up relativ inside ```ActiveMerchant::NetworkConnectionRetries```. could you try to require 'openssl' in an early state - inside an initializer or so. jruby-openssl does come with jruby itself and there is no real need for it in the Gemfile.

Jesse Proudman

Mar 3, 2015, 1:55:05 PM3/3/15
to us...@jruby.codehaus.org
Thanks. I ended up putting a require 'openssl' in the boot.rb file right under require 'rubygems' and that resolved it. I'll find a better place for it to live and move on.

Thanks!

Jesse Proudman
Founder and CTO
Blue Box Group, Inc.