CSS3 Generated and Replaced Content

Domenic Denicola

Nov 10, 2011, 1:10:31 AM11/10/11
to jquery-s...@googlegroups.com
A while back I found the CSS3 Generated and Replaced Content Working Draft. I was ecstatic! The pseudo elements described in that draft would allow me to do great things, subsuming many unsemantic <div>s and <span>s into generated content. ::before::before? ::before(2)? ::outside? So excellent!

... but, as far as I can tell, basically nothing is supported. I think if more people were aware of the awesomeness in this draft, they'd be pretty excited about getting it implemented. So I thought I'd bring it to the attention of the group here.

Anyone else hoping this draft gets some love?