FTP replacement, possible?

Moif Murphy

Mar 26, 2016, 7:26:08 AM3/26/16
to jQuery-File-Upload
Hi,

I have a number of users who currently upload files to a subdirectory using FTP. I'm thinking about giving this a go but I'm not seeing if this would make a suitable replacement. I use Wordpress and can see there's a plugin here: https://wordpress.org/plugins/jquery-html5-file-upload/screenshots/ - is this actively maintained?

Additionally, I need to know the following, either about the wordpress plugin or the standalone script:

1. Can I fine tune this to restrict uploads to a top level directory and subdirectories contained therein?
2. Would I be able to add a 'folder selector' to allow my users to select their designated subdirectory in the aforementioned top level directory?