Broken pipe

Shin

Jun 22, 2010, 4:49:13 AM6/22/10
to jPOS Users
Hi

Have any experience on this exception? I hit this problem in
production but i got no idea how to simulate it.

<exception name="Broken pipe">
java.net.SocketException: Broken pipe
at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(SocketOutputStream.java:
92)
at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(SocketOutputStream.java:136)
at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flushBuffer(BufferedOutputStream.java:
65)
at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flush(BufferedOutputStream.java:123)
at java.io.DataOutputStream.flush(DataOutputStream.java:106)
at org.jpos.iso.BaseChannel.send(BaseChannel.java:474)
at my.com.rh.lib.DispatchListener$Session.run(DispatchListener.java:
208)
at org.jpos.util.ThreadPool$PooledThread.run(ThreadPool.java:103)
</exception>

--Shin

chhil

Jun 22, 2010, 4:55:15 AM6/22/10
to jpos-users
My 2 cents..

Based on some google searches it points to a TCP connection being
closed by remote entity.

-chhil

Shin

Jun 22, 2010, 5:12:35 AM6/22/10
to jPOS Users
is that mean the network problem to affect the software exception?

--Shin

On Jun 22, 4:55 pm, chhil <chil...@gmail.com> wrote:
> My 2 cents..
>
> Based on some google searches it points to a TCP connection being
> closed by remote entity.
>
> -chhil
>
> On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 2:19 PM, Shin <nickli...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi
>
> > Have any experience on this exception? I hit this problem in
> > production but i got no idea how to simulate it.
>
> >    <exception name="Broken pipe">
> >    java.net.SocketException: Broken pipe
> >        at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite0(Native Method)
> >        at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(SocketOutputStream.java:
> > 92)
> >        at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(SocketOutputStream.java:136)
> >        at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flushBuffer(BufferedOutputStream.java:
> > 65)
> >        at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flush(BufferedOutputStream.java:123)
> >        at java.io.DataOutputStream.flush(DataOutputStream.java:106)
> >        at org.jpos.iso.BaseChannel.send(BaseChannel.java:474)
> >        at my.com.rh.lib.DispatchListener$Session.run(DispatchListener.java:
> > 208)
> >        at org.jpos.util.ThreadPool$PooledThread.run(ThreadPool.java:103)
> >    </exception>
>
> > --Shin

Chhil

Jun 22, 2010, 5:33:32 AM6/22/10
to jpos-...@googlegroups.com
It can be a network problem or the remote entity disconnecting abruptly.

-chhil

>>> +unsub...@googlegroups.com

>>> group/jpos-users
>

> --
> Users" group.

> Please see http://jpos.org/wiki/JPOS_Mailing_List_Readme_first

Shin

Jun 22, 2010, 6:09:42 AM6/22/10
to jPOS Users
i'm not network expert. Is it possible to simulate it?
is router or switch will affect it?

-Shin