jPOS Guide sources available in Github

Alejandro Revilla

Nov 3, 2013, 8:10:30 PM11/3/13
to jPOS Users
FYI, just committed the Asciidoc sources for the new guide so you easily track changes, and hopefully contribute fixing my bad English (feel free to send pull requests or just diffs).

You can build it with 'gradle createPdf' sitting in the 'doc' directory (you need to install asciidoc first).

New sections are of course welcome. Once I finish with the documentation of all main components, I hope to add sections with recipes for typical use cases (i.e. servers with muxes, and channels and things like that).

If you are learning jPOS and want to make sure to timely get new additions to this guide, remember we post commit notifications to the Twitter account @jposcommits (http://twitter.com/jposcommits) and also to the irc channel #jpos in irc.freenode.net

--
@apr

Mostafa

Nov 4, 2013, 2:40:32 AM11/4/13
to jpos-...@googlegroups.com
Hi
And how to get it?
Regards

Mark Salter

Nov 4, 2013, 2:49:35 AM11/4/13
to jpos-...@googlegroups.com
On 04/11/2013 07:40, Mostafa wrote:
> And how to get it?

Get what Mostafa?

You will need git, gradle and asciidoc and to follow the various
instructions for each and for getting and installing them and for
retrieving jPOS from the git repository each part is well documented
here and elsewhere.

:-)

--
Mark

Mostafa

Nov 4, 2013, 5:26:40 AM11/4/13
to jpos-...@googlegroups.com
I had some misunderstanding about asciidoc but now I installed it.
Regards,

Alejandro Revilla

Nov 4, 2013, 5:36:22 AM11/4/13
to jPOS Users
BTW, you can always get the PDF version of the guide here: http://jpos.org/doc/proguide-draft.pdf

AsciiDoc sources are there just in case you want to contribute a patch or new section, or you just want to monitor the changes.

--
@apr

jPOS is licensed under AGPL - free for community usage for your open-source project. Licenses are also available for commercial usage. Please support jPOS, contact: sa...@jpos.org

Join us in IRC at http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=jpos

---
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jpos-users/70028d7c-c5ad-4bbc-a9aa-54fda7b2f4d1%40googlegroups.com.

Mostafa

Nov 4, 2013, 6:18:13 AM11/4/13
to jpos-...@googlegroups.com
OK Thanks
It means that users like me don't need it and is better to use pdf version that you mentioned.
sorry but is there any beginner document to start using Transaction manager ?
There is no part about transaction manager in the pdf that you mentioned.
Regards,

Alejandro Revilla

Nov 4, 2013, 6:43:14 AM11/4/13
to jPOS Users
I'll expedite the migration of the TransactionManager section from the old guide to the new one.

I've sent you a courtesy copy of the old one where you can see the TM chapter, because I understand using Paypal is probably not available in your country.

Please take it with a grain of salt and ignore the build part because that guide covers the older 1.6.x series (built with ant).

Hope this helps.