Need Suggestions Listening to incoming ISOMsg packet

JPractitioner

Jan 16, 2006, 2:53:18 AM1/16/06
to jPOS Users
Hi guys, right now, i'm going through jPOS javadoc to find class that
can help me detecting and reroute incoming ISO8583 packets. Do u guys
have any suggestions to do this. Thanks in advance.

Mark Salter

Jan 16, 2006, 6:05:51 AM1/16/06
to jPOS Users
jpos\src\examples\isoserver\Test.java implements a server listening for
a connection, jpos\src\examples\simplegui\Test.java makes a connection
to the above server and they exchange signons.

I would recommend you buy the developers guide as a good starting
point. Access "buy it now" via the download link on www.jpos.org ( or
http://tinyurl.com/acw2j ). You can get the source via this process if
you have not already done so.

Also scan this mailing list archive, the easy way to build and execute
tests for jpos has been mentioned a couple of times.

--
Mark

JPractitioner

Jan 17, 2006, 1:59:12 AM1/17/06
to jPOS Users
hi mark, thx for the reply.
I have tried the example and it works fine. Previously i've done simple

ServerSocket programs which listens and enables sockets connections on
Tcp connection.
I found that it would be much simpler if i use this approach. However,
do u think this
will work i mean securely. We are connecting to the bank's NAC via Tcp.

Tq.

p:s I will consider buying the developers guide.

Mark Salter

Jan 17, 2006, 5:17:56 AM1/17/06
to jPOS Users
You could implement your own sockets, but you still need to interface
to JPos at some point.

When you say securely, do you mean that your conversation with "the
bank" cannot be seen or interfered with?

There is nothing inherently secure about the TCP/IP protocol, you need
to ensure the data you send via TCP/IP is encrypted, this could be
acheived in software at connection negotiation (like SSL) or indeed
left to the hardware controlling the wires.

I think jPos does have SSL channel support (based upon name or comments
- I have not used it). Can anyone else comment on this?

--
Mark

JPractitioner

Jan 17, 2006, 6:11:35 AM1/17/06
to jPOS Users
>You could implement your own sockets, but you still need to interface
>to JPos at some point.

At what point actually?. In my case, I just pack/unpack the packet
using jPOS, so i dont really see where i must interface to jPOS after
that..( Or did i mised somethings already? Please advice.)

Regarding security, yes Mark, you have clearly answer my question.

Thank you very much, and i welcome further comments from u and others .

Mark Salter

Jan 17, 2006, 6:38:45 AM1/17/06
to jPOS Users
By interfacing I really meant handling the Channel processing, but if
you are doing that yourself, then you have no extra need of jPos.

--
Mark

JPractitioner

Jan 17, 2006, 7:47:08 AM1/17/06
to jPOS Users
Ok Mark, Thanks. By the way...., this is something not doing with jPOS,

If u could just give your opinion, while doing this things I frequently
gets the SocketException: Connection Reset Exception..
the funny thing is, when i try to send a lot of data
(infinite loop) in the connection (of ServerSocket and Socket), the
exception is not being thrown,
but this only happens when i try to send data singularly (not in loop).

After the exception is being thrown, i can still use the connection,
but only to find the same scenario.

The following is the exception stacktrace
exception stacktrace
===============
java.net.SocketException: Connection reset at
java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:168)
at
sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder$CharsetSD.readBytes(StreamDecoder.java:411)
at
sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder$CharsetSD.implRead(StreamDecoder.java:453)
at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder.read(StreamDecoder.java:183)
at java.io.InputStreamReader.read(InputStreamReader.java:167)
at java.io.BufferedReader.fill(BufferedReader.java:136)
at java.io.BufferedReader.readLine(BufferedReader.java:299)
at java.io.BufferedReader.readLine(BufferedReader.java:362)
at ISO8583SocketThread.run(ISO8583SocketThread.java:45)

Thanks.

garrett

Jan 17, 2006, 8:11:14 AM1/17/06
to jPOS Users
Being a newbies to JPOS we also looked at creating our own socket
connections and after using JPOS for a couple months can only recommend
using JPOS for the connectivity and message handling.

Mark Salter

Jan 17, 2006, 9:01:19 AM1/17/06
to jPOS Users
My guess would be that your socket is being closed before the read is
being satisfied. Is your read far a specific number of bytes
(determined from the message header) or something else.

We might be in the danger of getting a little off topic, so...

I would consider saving myself the effort of finding my way through the
Socket jungle and reuse the effort already invested in getting jPos to
handle these things for me.
JPos adds little overhead than that which is necessary to communicate
with another system over TCP/IP.

--
Mark

JPractitioner

Jan 17, 2006, 11:45:36 PM1/17/06
to jPOS Users
Hmm,, i'll think about it guys.
I really appreciate it, and will update here when i get it.

Thx again. Cheers.

JPractitioner

Jan 18, 2006, 2:28:21 PM1/18/06
to jPOS Users
Hi guys, i got the issue settled with controllable exception.
Actually, it was a problem with the threading part. I just did some try
and error today,
and i couldnt really explain all the details now
but i will get back for this.

Another thing now, I wonder if ISO 8583 -87/93(B), ISO 8583 -87/93(A)
is acknowledged by ISO
or just variety in jPOS. Thanks.