Can I used Hybernate in JPOS insteadof jPOS-EE?

Amit Vadje

May 8, 2017, 7:13:14 AM5/8/17
to jPOS Users
Hi,

I like to use hybernate in JPOS insteadof jPOS-EE project.

If yes, where to put the mapping descriptors files? as jPOS-EE has modules which is treated as descriptors.
In case of jPOS, how to do the hybernate connectivity and mapping descriptor?

As I tried to do, but received the error like "org.hibernate.UnknownEntityTypeException : Unable to locate persister"

Please guide.

Thanks,
Amit

Mark Salter

May 8, 2017, 8:41:20 AM5/8/17
to jpos-...@googlegroups.com
On 08/05/17 12:13, Amit Vadje wrote:
> I like to use hybernate in JPOS insteadof jPOS-EE project.
I think you mean Hibernate?

Hibernate and jpos-ee are not alternatives/similar though.

Please first search this mailing list for previous advise on using
hibernate.

Please also get and read the programmers guide from jpos.org.

--
Mark

Amit Vadje

May 8, 2017, 9:19:06 AM5/8/17
to jPOS Users
Hi Mark,

Yes, I mean Hibernate.

As jPOS-EE has modules structures, for connecting to hibernate and do mapping *.hbm.xml, we have to write the jPOS-EE based sample project module.

Can we do the same thing in normal jPOS project and add the dependencies to it? If yes, how will be mapping descriptor will get call?

Thanks,
Amit

Mark Salter

May 8, 2017, 11:08:14 AM5/8/17
to jpos-...@googlegroups.com
On 08/05/17 14:19, Amit Vadje wrote:
> Yes, I mean Hibernate.
Good.

> As jPOS-EE has modules structures, for connecting to hibernate and do
> mapping *.hbm.xml, we have to write the jPOS-EE based sample project module.
You could but I don't believe you have to?

> Can we do the same thing in normal jPOS project and add the dependencies
> to it? If yes, how will be mapping descriptor will get call?
This is just java, the placement is 'normal' - alongside source as long
as the compile uses.

Have you tried it (either way) and have had it fail to compile/work?

--
Mark

Amit Vadje

May 8, 2017, 12:39:25 PM5/8/17
to jpos-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mark,
I am not getting any compilation error. I faced runtime exception as "org..hibernate.UnknownEntityTypeException : Unable to locate persister".
I think it's not able to locate the proper mapping. Xml file.

Please guide where to have .xml and .hbm.xml file in project structure.

Thanks,
Amit

--
Mark