Re: Specifying duration??

Mark Panaghiston

May 30, 2013, 11:14:41 AM5/30/13
to jpl...@googlegroups.com
Try using the timeupdate event...

Some rough code....

// Setup jPlayer ready to go...

function playBetween(start,end) {
  $('#jplayer').unbind('.endHandler');
  $('#jplayer').bind($.jPlayer.event.timeupdate + '.endHandler', function(event) {
    if(event.jPlayer.status.currentTime > end) {
      $(this).jPlayer('pause',start);
    }
  });
  $('#jplayer').jPlayer('play',start);
}

If you have a progress/play bar you might want to disable clicks on it too.

On Thursday, 30 May 2013 13:08:08 UTC+1, Steven Garcia wrote:
I see that i can specify a start time using the play() method, but is there a way I can get jplayer to stop playing at a specified time? I am providing audio preview/snippets which only let people hear a portion of the mp3. The duration times are all recorded in the database, I just need to plug them into jPlayer somehow.

Any ideas?