shoutcast jplayer not working

Theon

Mar 3, 2014, 6:31:07 PM3/3/14
to jpl...@googlegroups.com
I can't get my shoutcaststream to work in jplayer.
I've tried various options of putting in my stream url, but nothing seems to work.
What am i missing here?

$("#jquery_jplayer_1").jPlayer({
  swfPath: "http://www.jplayer.org/latest/js/Jplayer.swf"
        ready: function () {
            $(this).jPlayer("setMedia", {
                mp3:"http://176.31.226.73:8772;stream/1";
            });.jPlayer("play"); // auto play
        },
        ended: function (event) {
            $(this).jPlayer("play");
        },
        swfPath: "swf",
        supplied: "mp3"

The player does show, but won't start

AJ

Mar 4, 2014, 1:46:42 AM3/4/14
to jpl...@googlegroups.com
I think your url should be http://176.31.226.73:8772/;stream/1

Mark Panaghiston

Mar 4, 2014, 4:39:10 AM3/4/14
to jpl...@googlegroups.com
AJ is correct.

Here is the fixed clicky link to the MP3 stream:
http://176.31.226.73:8772/;stream/1

The support FAQ:

How do I get jPlayer to play a SHOUTCast stream?
You need to setMedia to the stream URL. For example,
SHOUTcast server: http://mp3-vr-128.as34763.net/
MP3 stream URL: http://mp3-vr-128.as34763.net/;stream/1

Pasha Tkachenko

Mar 12, 2014, 3:59:51 PM3/12/14
to jpl...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have problem with playing shoutcast in IE11 which has no Flash.

The url to shoutcast is http://jb2.jewishbroadcast.com:8010/;stream it's working in Chrome, Safari, Firefox and in IE where there is Flash.
But if no Flash installed then jPlayer saying:

jPlayer 2.5.0 : id='player' : Error!
Media URL could not be loaded.
Check media URL is valid.

If I'm changing the url to http://mactel.com.au/webdesign/music.mp3 - it's working good.

Is there a solution to fix it? Thanks.

Mark Panaghiston

Mar 13, 2014, 7:57:44 AM3/13/14
to jpl...@googlegroups.com
Yep, you need to fix your ShoutCast server options.

When IE11 tries to connect, your ShoutCast server is giving the incorrect response. It gives the ICY status header, but it should give the HTTP status header. That is why IE11 refuses to play it. I suspect, IE9/10/11 would all have this issue, as I think you said with your ambiguous "IE where there is flash" works.

This must be fixed in your ShoutCast options. The problem steams from ShoutCast ICY headers actually pre-dating the HTTP status headers. ShoutCast is old... And thinks that IE11 is actually WinAmp, so it responds differently.

Look for the options relating to the request user agent.

ultrabr

Apr 22, 2014, 2:47:58 AM4/22/14
to jpl...@googlegroups.com

Sorry, but the  CORRECT format shoutcast url 1, is: IP + PORT

Not: http://mp3-vr-128.as34763.net/

My url , example: http://173.224.124.211:8004/

How to convert this format: SHOUTCAST server( not Icecast ) for: http://mp3-vr-128.as34763.net/    ?