Full Screen Query

Christopher McEvoy

Apr 15, 2014, 11:34:19 AM4/15/14
to jpl...@googlegroups.com
I've styled a jPlayer (with the playlist add-on) with different modules in different sections of the DOM. For instance, the playlist is in a toggled dropdown menu from the fixed position header/navigation, the video/cover art is displayed in the main content div and the player controls are located in the fixed footer of the page.

I've managed to get all required functionality working by leaving the cssselectorancestor blank in the constructor. AFAIK this is how the constructor needs to be set up due to the various modules not sharing a common containing div. The only thing I cant seem to get working is full-screen mode.

If I leave the cssselectorancestor blank, going to full-screen displays the video/cover art but the controls are hidden. If I set the cssselectorancestor to ".jp-interface", the controls are visible in full-screen but this cause the video/cover art to not display any more in both full screen and restored modes. FYI, the constructor option for jplayer is set to jPlayer: "#jquery_jplayer_N".

Tried explaining as clearly as I could, so sorry if I rambled! Any advice would be most appreciated.

Mark Panaghiston

Apr 16, 2014, 3:30:51 PM4/16/14
to jpl...@googlegroups.com
It is the cssSelectorAncestor element that is made full screen. This will be why you are having issues.

I'm not sure how to solve you particular problem, but it sounds like you would want to have the jPlayer part and its gui in 1 place and that goes fullscreen, while you have other items talking to that instance. It's just that the playlist add-on was not designed with that in mind.